Laura Tucker Hedge is a Member at Bousquet Holstein PLLC’s Ithaca, New York, law office. She is an experienced litigator who has focused her practice on complex, high-net-worth matrimonial and family law litigation.
Licensed in New York since 2015, Ms. Hedge regularly appears in the New York State Supreme Court and Family Court to zealously advocate for clients in all areas, including divorce, equitable distribution, post-judgment modifications, paternity, custody, parental access, child support and enforcement proceedings, as well as nuanced Family Court and Surrogate’s Court matters such as abuse and neglect proceedings and contested adoptions.
Ms. Hedge is a skilled and trusted adviser who explores creative solutions to settle complicated matters while always remaining client-focused. She has efficiently negotiated and drafted numerous financial and custodial settlement agreements as well as prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and has experience handling cases for international or domestic clients whose cases pose cross-border issues.
After graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism and mass communications from St. Bonaventure University in 2007, Ms. Hedge attended Villanova University School of Law and obtained her Juris Doctor degree in 2014. During law school, she held a summer position at Proskauer Rose LLP’s securities law practice. Furthermore, she was a part of the Villanova University School of Law Legal Aid Clinic, a recipient of the school's Dorothy Day Award for her pro-bono service, and a published member of the Environmental Law Journal, later serving as Symposium Editor.
An eloquent speaker and writer, Ms. Hedge has guest lectured at St. John’s University School of Law on emerging family law issues, has been published in the New York Law Journal, and was a committee member and faculty member of a 2021 New York State Bar Association CLE on domestic violence, trauma-informed interviewing and coercive control.
Ms. Hedge is an active member of the New York State Bar Association, where she serves on the Committee on Families and the Law, the New York City Bar Association, the Tompkins County Bar Association, the New York County Lawyers Association and the New York Women’s Bar Association – Reproductive Rights Committee.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2015, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.bhlawpllc.com/our-people/laura-t-hedge/
- St. Bonaventure University, B.A., cum laude, 2007
- Faculty Member of the New York State Bar Association 2021 CLE on domestic violence, coercive control and trauma-informed interviewing techniques
- New York Law Journal N.Y.'s Proposed Maintenance Guidelines (Harriet Newman Cohen and Laura Tucker Hedge) July 27, 2015, Co-Author, New York's Proposed Maintenance Guidelines, New York Law Journal, Special Section Divorce And Family Law, 2017
- Guest Lecturer at St. John's University School of Law on emerging Family Law issues., Guest Lecturer, Speaker St. John's University Shool of Law, 2018
- New York Bar Association, Committee on Families and the Law
- New York
- New York Women’s Bar Association, Reproductive Rights Committee
- Tompkins County Bar Association
- Approved to be a Member of New York State Bar Association Committee on Children and the Law, 2020
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star, 2021
- Super Lawyers Upstate New York Rising Star, 2022
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star, 2019
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star, 2020
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star, 2018
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star, 2017
- Named to New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Star List for five consecutive years., Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star, Family Law, 2021
Office location for Laura Tucker Hedge
200 E Buffalo St
Ithaca, NY 14850
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2023