Laura Tucker Hedge
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Ithaca, NY
Laura Tucker Hedge is a senior counsel at Bousquet Holstein PLLC’s Ithaca, New York, law office. She is an experienced litigator who has exclusively focused her practice on complex matrimonial and family law litigation.
Licensed in New York since 2015, Ms. Hedge also regularly appears in the New York Supreme Court to zealously advocate for clients in all areas, including divorce, equitable distribution, post-judgment modifications, paternity, custody, parental access and child support and enforcement proceedings, as well as nuanced family court and surrogate’s court matters such as abuse and neglect proceedings and contested adoptions.
Ms. Hedge is a skilled and trusted adviser who explores creative solutions to settle complicated matters while always remaining client-focused. She has efficiently negotiated and drafted numerous financial and custodial settlement agreements as well as prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and has experience handling cases for international or domestic clients whose cases pose cross-border issues.
After graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism and mass communications from St. Bonaventure University in 2007, Ms. Hedge attended Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law and obtained her Juris Doctor degree in 2014. She was admitted to the New York State Bar Association the following year. During law school, she held a summer position at Proskauer Rose LLP’s securities law practice. Furthermore, she was a part of the Villanova University School of Law Legal Aid Clinic and the symposium editor of the Environmental Law Journal.
An eloquent speaker and writer, Ms. Hedge has guest lectured at St. John’s University School of Law on emerging family law issues, has been published in the New York Law Journal, and was a committee member and faculty member of the 2021 New York State Bar Association Domestic Violence CLE.
Ms. Hedge is an active member of the New York State Bar Association, where she serves on the Committee on Families and the Law, the New York City Bar Association, the Tompkins County Bar Association, the New York County Lawyers Association and the New York Women’s Bar Association – Reproductive Rights Committee.
Maintaining a central role within her community, Ms. Hedge volunteers her time and efforts to help those in need. As a student attorney, she was awarded the Dorothy Day Award for contributing hours of pro bono services.
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star (2021) - Named to New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Star List for five consecutive years.
About Laura Tucker Hedge
First Admitted: 2015, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.bhlawpllc.com/our-people/laura-t-hedge/
- Faculty Member of the New York State Bar Association 2021 CLE on domestic violence, coercive control and trauma-informed interviewing techniques
- New York Law Journal N.Y.'s Proposed Maintenance Guidelines (Harriet Newman Cohen and Laura Tucker Hedge) July 27, 2015, Co-Author, New York's Proposed Maintenance Guidelines, New York Law Journal, Special Section Divorce And Family Law, 2017
- Guest Lecturer at St. John's University School of Law on emerging Family Law issues., Guest Lecturer, Speaker St. John's University Shool of Law, 2018
- St. Bonaventure University, B.A., cum laude, 2007
- New York Bar Association, Committee on Families and the Law
- New York
- New York Women’s Bar Association, Reproductive Rights Committee
- Tompkins County Bar Association
- Approved to be a Member of New York State Bar Association Committee on Children and the Law, 2020
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star, 2019
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star, 2020
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star, 2018
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Star, 2017
Last Updated: 6/3/2022