Alan J. Stern
Top rated personal injury attorney in Jericho, New YorkStern Law Firm
Attorney Alan J. Stern is a founding partner of Stern Law Firm in Garden City, New York. Nationally recognized as one of the top trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Stern provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties, Westchester County, and all across the New York City metro region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Personal injury arising from motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, maritime accidents and other preventable tragedies
- Products liability
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
- Workers' compensation
Early in his legal career, Mr. Stern worked as a defense attorney for insurance companies, health care providers, schools and municipalities, and others facing tortious claims. For more than 35 years now, he has focused solely on plaintiff representation, and he has secured millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for individuals, families and business owners suffering needlessly through no fault of their own.
In honor of his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Stern has earned an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with a Lawyers of Distinction rating and many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received excellent client ratings on Avvo as well as many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1978 graduate of Union College, Mr. Stern obtained his Juris Doctor from Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law in 1982 and his Master of Business Administration from the university's School of Business that same year. He is admitted to practice before all New York state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Stern serves on the United Cerebral Palsy Association of Nassau County's Board of Directors, and he is a member of the Nassau County Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the American Association for Justice. He is also active with the Federal Bar Council, the American Bar Association, the Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association, the Bronx County Bar Association and the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Medical malpractice
- 70% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 10% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 1983, New York
Professional Webpage: https://alansternlaw.com/who-we-are/alan-stern-attorney-prof...
- Highest Peer review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell for skill and integrity
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Bronx County Bar Association
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Federal Bar Council
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Bar Association of the City of New York
- Federal Courts, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, 1983
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Bar, 1983
- Board of Directors, United Cerebral Palsy Association of Nassau County
- Union College, B.A., 1978
- MBA from Hofstra University, School of Business, 1982
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association; New York State Bar Association; Nassau County Bar
Office location for Alan J. Stern
500 N Broadway
Jericho, NY 11753
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022