Attorney Justin S. Teff is a partner with the Kirk & Teff, LLP, law firm in Schenectady, New York. Recognized as one of the nation's top workers' compensation attorneys, Mr. Teff devotes his practice to advocating on behalf of the rights and interests of injured workers throughout the greater Capitol and Hudson Valley regions and all across the state who seek their rightful benefits and compensation when they can no longer work.
Along with helping his clients file their initial workers' compensation claims, Mr. Teff also assists his clients with appealing their denied claims. In all cases, Mr. Teff treats those he serves with the compassion, care and respect they deserve as he guides them through the complex, challenging process of obtaining the finances they need to support themselves and their families.
Realizing how stressful it can be to deal with such matters, Mr. Teff has earned a reputation for reducing the amount of anxiety his clients feel by calmly explaining their options and providing them a road map on how to best achieve their goals. He has also surprised his clients by being able to obtain compensation for past injuries. For his efforts, Mr. Teff has earned numerous positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients as well as many awards from his peers, including a Superb rating on Avvo.
A 1998 graduate of the State University of New York at Albany, Mr. Teff attended Albany Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2001. After serving several years with a prominent defense litigation firm in the area, he then joined forces with attorney Ralph M. Kirk in 2007, and in 2013, they established Kirk & Teff, LLP.
A prolific writer and speaker, Mr. Teff has numerous publications to his credit, and he has conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars throughout his region on a variety of legal topics related to workers' compensation and Social Security Disability law. Mr. Teff also served as president of the New York State Injured Workers’ Bar Association, and he currently chairs the New York State Bar Association's Committee on Judicial Discipline.
Mr. Teff is also a member of the Workers' Compensation Board IME Advisory Committee, the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers and the Albany County Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant
- 100% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 2002, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.albanyworkerscomplawyer.com/attorneys/justin-s-t...
- Ulster County Bar Association’s delegate to the New York State Bar Association House of Delegates
- Member, NYS Bar Committee on Bylaws, 2022
- Member, NYS Bar Committee on the State Constitution , 2021
- Former Member, New York State Bar Association, Special Committee
- Chair, New York State Bar Association Committee on Judicial Discipline
- Member, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member, Albany County Bar Association
- Member, Ulster County Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Past President, New York State Injured Workers’ Bar Association
- Third Department, 2002
- State University at Albany, 1998
- "Lopez Torres and Judicial Selection in New York: An Argument for Merit-Based Appointment to the State Supreme Court." 71 Alb. L. Rev. 475, 2008
- “Auqui v. Seven Thirty One Limited Partnership: An Update on Preclusion Issues in Work-Related Injury Cases.” New York State Bar Journal, March/April 2014
- “Revisiting the Collateral Effects of Agency Determinations in Subsequent Legal Proceedings.” New York State Bar Journal, January 2013
- “More Burns v. Varriale Lessons for Workers’ Compensation Third-Party Action Attorneys.” New York State Bar Journal, October 2012
- "After Burns v. Varriale: Essential Lessons for Workers' Compensation Third-Party Action Attorneys" New York State Bar Journal, January 2011
- "The Judges v. the State: Obtaining Adequate Judicial Compensation and New York's Current Constitutional Crisis." 72 Alb. L. Rev. 191, 2009
- "How to Spot a Lie: Checking Substance and Source." New York State Bar Journal, (Part 1 of 3), July/August 2003
- "Election Law: The Need for Campaign Finance Reform in New York." New York State Bar Journal, March/April 2007
- "Human Memory is Far More Fallible and Malleable Than Most Recognize." New York State Bar Journal, (Part 3 of 3), June 2004
- "Distinguishing Intended Deception from Unconscious Inaccuracy." New York State Bar Journal, (Part 2 of 3), March/April 2004
- "Detecting and Prosecuting Automobile Insurance Fraud." New York State Prosecutor's Training Institute Magazine, 2003
- Successful outcome/reversal-NYS Court of Appeals, Liuni v. Gander Mountain, 2022
Office location for Justin S. Teff
10 Westbrook Lane
Kingston, NY 12401
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023