Top rated health care attorney in Lake Success, New YorkAbrams Fensterman, LLP
As an executive partner at Abrams Fensterman, LLP, Patrick Formato provides dedicated legal representation to clients in the Lake Success, New York, area. He focuses his practice on health care law, offering counsel and advice on the following matters: the development and implementation of corporate compliance programs, attaining certificates of need, treatment decision issues and advance directives, fraud and abuse, affiliation agreements, survey certification and enforcement, employment, managed care agreements, buy and sell agreements, shareholder and partnership agreements, real estate, general business/corporate issues and licensure questions.
After graduating cum laude from the University at Albany, State University of New York with a Bachelor of Arts, Mr. Formato went on to attend Albany Law School. From there, he received a Juris Doctor, again graduating cum laude.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Formato has built a reputation on his knowledge and experience in handling a wide range of health care law issues. He listens to his clients' goals and strives to help them reach resolutions that meet their short- and long-term needs. In recognition of his dedication and success, Mr. Formato received the Long Island Business News Leadership in Law Award.
Staying active in the legal community is a priority for Mr. Formato. He is a member of the Nassau County Bar Association, the Health Law Section of the New York State Bar Association and the American Health Lawyers Association. Mr. Formato is the author of several legal articles and has conducted lectures for a number of health care and professional organizations on legal subjects relating to corporate compliance, fraud and abuse, provider contracting and reimbursement.
Practice areasHealth care, Business/corporate
Hospital law, Nursing home, Health & health care law, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts
- 70% Health care
- 30% Business/corporate
First Admitted: 1993, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.abramslaw.com/patrick_formato_attorney_profile_id...
- State University of New York, B.A., cum laude
- Nassau County Bar Association, Past Chairman, Health and Hospital Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Health Law Section, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- New York
- Author, On the Role of the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, NYSBA Health Law Journal, 2003
- Editor-in-Chief, Legal Manual for New York Physicians, Fourth Edition, NYSBA, 2014
- Co-Author, Abrams Fensterman Cautions Health Care Clients: Office of Inspector General Is Aggressively Asserting Its Authority to Exclude Owners, Officers and Managing Employees of Sanctioned Entities From Participation in Federal Health Care Programs, 2011
- Co-Author, Selling Your Medical Practice: Why Is The Hospital's Offer Lower Than You Expected?, Abrams Fensterman, 2012
- Author of Chapter 12, The Biggest Legal Mistakes Physicians Make: And How to Avoid Them, SEAK, Inc., 2005
- Author, Navigating a Fraud and Abuse Concern: Skilled Nursing Facility Arrangements with Ancillary Providers, NYSBA Health Law Journal, 2000
- Co-Author, Continuum of Care in New York State, NYSBA, 2001
- Co-Author, The “Step-Up” in Enforcement of Nursing Homes: Recent Survey Trends, NYSBA Health Law Journal, 2002
- Best Lawyers of America, Health Care Law, Best Lawyers of America, Best Lawyers, 2020
- Best Lawyers of America, Health Care Law, Best Lawyers of America, Best Lawyers, 2021
- , Leaders In The Law - Health Law, New York Magazine, 2018
- , Who's Who in Healthcare Professionals and Healthcare Law, Long Island Business News, 2020
- Cum Laude, Albany Law School Union University
- Leadership in Law Award, Long Island Business News, 2013
Office location for Patrick Formato
3 Dakota Drive
Lake Success, NY 11042
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
Find me online
- Managing Partner, Howard Fensterman contributed an opinion article published on November 26th in Newsday titled New… https://t.co/ti3PWHUUba
- Our team will continue to monitor this situation and provide necessary updates on this issue. Find out more at https://t.co/BN1mN0EYOE.
- That will provide little solace, however, to the equity applicants who are depending on the resources afforded by t… https://t.co/pd8JCqVJXx