David J. Taffany
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Latham, NY
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney David J. Taffany is a founding member of Anderson, Moschetti & Taffany, PLLC, in Latham, New York. Mr. Taffany dedicates his practice to personal injury and wrongful death matters, serving clients throughout New York who have sustained serious and catastrophic injuries.
Mr. Taffany has handled cases involving bicycle accidents, birth injuries, brain injuries, burn injuries, bus accidents, car accidents, construction accidents, defective products, dangerous roads, dog bites, explosions, failure to diagnose, falling objects, fires, floods, hip replacements, industrial accidents, laparoscopy injuries, medical negligence, motorcycle accidents, nursing home negligence, rollover accidents, pedestrian accidents, premises liability, products liability, railroad injuries, recalled products, slip and falls, surgical errors, swimming pool accidents, spinal cord injuries, trucking accidents and workplace injuries.
Licensed to practice law in New York since 1985, Mr. Taffany is also admitted before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Western Districts of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit. Over the course of his career, he has litigated at the state and appellate levels and serves as an arbitrator and mediator for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York.
Outside of the office, Mr. Taffany regularly lectures to attorneys and law students at various events. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the American Association for Justice and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He has earned an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Taffany received a bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York at Albany, graduating with honors. He earned his law degree from Albany Law School.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About David J. Taffany
First Admitted: 1985
Professional Webpage: https://www.amtinjurylaw.com/about-the-firm/attorneys/david-...
- Among other honors, Mr. Taffany has for many years received the highest possible peer review rating of "AV" in the Martindale-Hubbell Directory for Attorneys.
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2015
- Top Rated Lawyer in the Field of Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010 - Present
- State University of New York at Albany, with Honors, 1979
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- State of New York, January 1985
- U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Western District of New York, 1988
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 1985
- American Association for Justice
- Mr. Taffany frequently lectures at continuing legal education programs.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022