Jeffrey Kyle Anderson
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Latham, New YorkAnderson, Moschetti & Taffany, PLLC
Mr. Anderson is managing partner in the law firm of Anderson, Moschetti and Taffany, PLLC. For the past 40 years, he has represented clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases arising from auto accidents, defective products, medical negligence, construction site accidents and unsafe premises. He has obtained numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. Most recently Mr. Anderson obtained total settlements of 17.45 million dollars for his clients in a premises liability/products liability case and another settlement of 3.2 million dollars in a premises liability case.
In addition, Mr. Anderson is frequently retained by lawyers and insurance counsel to mediate or arbitrate personal injury, wrongful death, commercial and property damage cases. He has mediated and arbitrated over 1,400 disputes and is a member of the prestigious National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (NADN).
Mr. Anderson has written about personal injury practice and alternative dispute resolution for decades and continues to enjoy teaching legal education programs for attorneys. He has judged student trial practice competitions, moot court and alternative dispute competitions for law schools and for the American Bar Association. From 2017 through 2022, he was an adjunct professor at Albany Law School, where he teaches Alternative Dispute Resolution to second and third year students.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Arbitration, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Dental Malpractice, Dram Shop Laws, Mediation, Medical Devices, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Pharmaceutical, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1983, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.amtinjurylaw.com/about-the-firm/attorneys/jeffre...
- Dispute Resolution Section of the New York State Bar Association, Chair 2023-2024
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, Adjunt Proffesor, Albany, Law School, 2017-2022
- Saratoga Bar Association, Member
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section
- Rensselaer Bar Association, Member
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, Former Member
- New York
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Albany Bar Association, Member
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, Former Member
- Mr. Anderson has obtained numerous multi-million dollar settlements and awards on behalf of his clients in the courts in the Capital District, including a verdict in Albany County Supreme Court of $4.8 million in a products liability case, reported as one of the highest verdicts in upstate New York. In June of 2018 Mr. Anderson settled a case against the State of New York involving a 44 year old man who became a quadriplegic in an accident at an upstate ski area, as the result of a claimed negligent operation of a terrain park feature.
- Lecturer, New York State Bar Association
- Lecturer, American Association for Justice
- Teacher, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Albany Law School, since 2017
- I Was Hurt in an Amusement Park Accident: What Are My Rights?
- I Slipped and Fell and Was Seriously Injured at My Neighbor’s Pool: What Are My Rights?
- Driving Unlicensed: What Happens When Unlicensed Drivers Cause Car Accidents
- Author, Chapter on Products Liability Law in a two-volume treatise: The Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Action in New York, The New York State Bar Association, 2008 (authored the update to this in 2019)
- Lecturer, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Lecturer, American Society of Safety Engineers
- Lecturer, Decisions programs for the New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Lecturer, Capital District Trial Lawyers Association
- Honored by the Capital District Trial Lawyers Association for his Contributions as President, 1998-1999
- One of the Top Lawyers in New York State, Super Lawyers Magazine
- Honored by The New York State Bar Association for his Contributions to Continuing Legal Education Programs
- Honored for his efforts in writing a chapter on Products Liability Law for the New York State Bar Association's two-volume treatise: The Plaintiff's Personal Injury Action in New York
- The Best lawyers in America, Products Liability Litigation, 2014
- Honored by the Rensselaer County Bar Association for his efforts during Settlement Term
- AV Preeminent rated, Martindale-Hubbell continuously since 2003. Selected annually by his peers for several years to Super Lawyers in multiple categories.
- Colgate University, Hamilton, NY, Bachelors of Arts, Honors: Cum Laude, 1978
Office location for Jeffrey Kyle Anderson
26 Century Hill Drive
Latham, NY 12110
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023
Top ListsTop 25: Hudson Valley Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2020, 2022 - 2023
- Top 25: 2023 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2022 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2020 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2019 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2018 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2017 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2016 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2015 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2014 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2013 Hudson Valley Super Lawyers