Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Melville, NY
After 32 years of practicing law in NY my practice is now limited to handling very high Exposure Claims including mass tort lawsuits from inception through trial. I have lectured extensively to the insurance industry and to self -insured clients on all aspects of the litigation process. From 2016 -2020 I represented a Bronx Hotel in connection the largest Outbreak of Legionnaires' Disease in NYC history resulting in over 50 lawsuits . As of today all cases have been resolved with a average payout of approximately 150k per case. During the Summer of 2020 I successfully obtained a dismissal of a COVID-19 related habeas action brought on behalf of prisoners seeking release from the Queens Detention Facility .
I have been selected to the Top 100 Super Lawyers in Metro New York in 2017 ,2019 and 2020 and have been AV rated from 2003 - 2020.
About Jeffrey Bard
First Admitted: 1988, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.lwrlawyer.com/attorney/jeffrey-bard/
- Zurich, Hartford, FFIC ,Allianz,AIG, MLMIC, PRI, Oceanus, LA Fitness, Peconic Bay Medical Center, North Shore Health System, Geo Group,Sompo
- 1984 University of Massachusetts BA Cum Laude, 1987 St John's Law School JD
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Granted Summary Judgment for client Testwell, Inc. in 6 related matters : IN RE: 91 STREET CRANE COLLAPSE LITIGATION , Index No. 771000/2010 et al. Highly publicized cases that have been pending in New York Supreme Court for over 6 years., 2014
- John Doe II vs Sozio , US District Court , Eastern District . Civ Action # 20-CV-2183 .Obtained Dismissal of Habeas action brought by prisoners of Facility seeking release from Queens Detention Facility in South Jamaica New York ., 2020
- AV Rated By Martindale-Hubbell from 2003-2020 and Listed in 2010, 2011, 2012 , 2013 ,2014,2015 and 2016 Editions of Long Island Pulse Magazine as one of "Long Island's Top Legal Eagles"
- Lectured lawyers at The Association of the Bar of the City of NY on defending doctors in medical malpractice cases- 2001. Lectured lawyers at the NY State Trial Lawyers Association on defending Doctors in medical malpractice Cases- 1998. Speaker at the 14th Annual Conference on Common Orthopedic Problems in Children re: the Changing Medical/Legal Landscape-LIJ Meical Center -2001. Lectured claims professionals at Fireman's Fund Insurance Company during Webinar entiled "The Art of Negotiation " 2013. Lectured Claims professionals at Allianz Insurance Company on Negotiating High Exposure Claims ,2015., Lecturer , Defending Allegations of Medical Malpractice, Spine Surgical Group, 2020
- John Doe II vs Soszio , Civ Action #20-CV-2183 ( U.S. District Court , Eastern District 2020) Obtained dismissal of Covid19 Related Habeas Action brought by prisoners of Queens Detention Facility seeking release from custody alleging eight amendment violations ., 2020
- Settled approximately 50 cases arising from the largest Legionnaires Disease Outbreak in the history of NYC with an average payment of only 150k per case.
- Defense Verdict - Vezza v Kot , Nassau Supreme 003951/95 10/27/97 Defense Verdict- Deer v . Horowitz, Suffolk Supreme 01378/95 ,2/7/00 Defense Verdict _ Marin v Beckerman, Suffolk Supreme 27559/97, 6/30/00 Defense Verdict- Neary v Schwartz, Suffolk Supreme 03726/95, 8/3/00 Defense Verdict- Smith v Freed Suffolk Supreme, 16172/99, 1/28/03 Defense Verdict-Dolinsky v Stoller, Suffolk Supreme, 21593/04, 5/22/08
- Peer review rated as AV "Preeminent " from 2003-2022, AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2022
- Business Entities
- Insurance Carriers
- Prisons / Detention Facilities
Last Updated: 5/15/2022