Top rated employment litigation attorney in Melville, New YorkKessler Matura P.C.
Ms. Forrester’s practice focuses on representing individual employees in the New York City metropolitan area in discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour class and collective actions. She also negotiates executive and professional employment contracts and severance agreements.
Ms. Forrester received her law degree from the City of New York School of Law, where she was an executive board member of the Workers' Rights Project for Economic Justice, an Editor of the City University of New York Law Review, a Peggy Browning Fellow and a Charles H. Revson Fellow. Ms. Forrester also holds a bachelor's degree from Northeastern University where she graduated magna cum laude with a double major in political science and sociology.
Ms. Forrester is a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association of New York, the Labor and Employment Law Section of the American Bar Association and the New York City Chapter Labor & Employment Committee of the National Lawyers Guild. She is admitted to practice in the state of New York and before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Ms. Forrester’s passion for helping employees makes her a strong advocate for her clients and their best interests. She pursues claims for her clients under the New York Labor Law, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the New York City Human Rights Law, the New York State Human Rights Law, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII and Section 1981.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff
- 100% Employment litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2016, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.mscklaw.com/attorney/tana-forrester/
- City University of New York (CUNY) School of Law, Long Island City, New York, Honors: Peggy Browning Fellow, Revson Public Interest Fellow, Workers’ Rights Project for Economic Justice: Board Member
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020
- National Employment Lawyers Association of New York (NELA/NY), Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- New York
- American Bar Association’s, Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- National Lawyers Guild, New York City Chapter Labor & Employment Committee, Member
- Northeastern University, Major: Political Science and Sociology, Honors: magna cum laude, Honors Program
Office location for Tana Forrester
534 Broadhollow Rd
Melville, NY 11747
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022
Find me online
- Kessler Matura has filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of #funeraldirectors & embalmers working for the NY subsi… https://t.co/bMpFTK6Cmq
- Kessler Matura represents former employees of a group of NYC Popeyes #restaurantworkers in a class action lawsuit.… https://t.co/mgWdSbbm9z
- A growing number of companies are demanding that employees who quit pay back training costs. Nearly 10% of American… https://t.co/gFLz43aoE0