Andrew L. Weitz
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Mineola, NY
Attorney Andrew L. Weitz is a partner with WeitzPascale Attorneys at Law in Mineola, New York. A top-rated, award-winning trial lawyer with more than 22 years of legal experience, Mr. Weitz provides unmatched advocacy and support to clients throughout Nassau County and the surrounding areas who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Having successfully tried more than 100 cases to verdict along with handling hundreds of other personal injury claims through litigation, mediation and negotiations, Mr. Weitz has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, unsafe property conditions, defective products, medical malpractice and other preventable tragedies. He has gained a reputation for his exceptional problem-solving skills as well as his aggressive approach to helping his clients obtain the maximum amount of compensation they deserve.
In honor of his impeccable professionalism and outstanding client service, Mr. Weitz has earned consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America*, and he has received many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers, including Top Lawyer designations from The New York Times and The American Lawyer. He has also received Superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo.
A 1991 high honors graduate of New York University and recipient of the university's Founders’ Day Award, Mr. Weitz pursued his Ph.D. with the university's School of Education, teaching expository writing while working on his degree. After receiving his Ph.D. in 1995, he attended Brooklyn Law School and served as articles editor for the school's law review. He also published an article in which he proposed a test to determine liability in tort claims that bears striking resemblance to the test eventually adopted by state's court of appeals.
Throughout the course of his legal career, he has continued to write extensively on a variety of legal topics, and he has conducted numerous lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region. He is also board member of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers and fellow with the American Bar Foundation, and he is an active member of various other local, state and national legal organizations.
*Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Race Discrimination, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employer, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Legal Malpractice, Professional Malpractice - Other
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2011, 2013 - 2022
About Andrew L. Weitz
First Admitted: 1998, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.weitzpascale.com/andrew-l-weitz/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Chairperson, Zoning Board of Appeals, Historic Village of Roslyn, Chair of the Planning Board and then as the Chair of the Zoning Board of Appeals
- Director, Vice President, Board of Directors and General Counsel for the national organization, Parents for Megan's Law
- New York Academy of Traumatic Brain Injury, General Counsel, 2004 - 2008
- Member of the American Association for Justice and many other Bar Associations
- Board of Directors of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member of the Board of Directors
- New York, 1998
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Rated, 2012 - Present
- Editor, Brooklyn Law Review, Brooklyn Law School, 1998
- Founder's Day Award, New York University, for academic distinction and scholarly achievement, 1992
- Doe v. Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Espinal v. Melville Snow Contractors, 98 NY2d 136 (2002)
- Please go to our website at www.weitzpascale.com
- Melendez v. XYZ Corp., et al.
- Feu v. ABC Corp.
- New York Law Journal, Singletree and CPLR 3101(d), 2012
- Chapter 11 in the New York State Bar Association's Treatise, Preparing for and Trying the Civil Lawsuit
- NYSTLI Press, Weitz on Automobile Litigation: The No Fault Handbook, 2009
- New York State Bar Association, Direct Examination of Lay Witnesses, 2008
- Brooklyn Law Review, Contractor Liability in Tort to Third Parties Not in Privity, 1998
- This chapter is about preparing for and executing direct examination of the lay witness in a civil lawsuit and explains fundamental, intermediate and advanced techniques and strategies for doing so. Preparing one's case, one's self and one's witness for the ever challenging task of presenting evidence through the testimony of the witness is laid out in a straight forward narrative, as should be one's direct examination., Co-Author, Direct Examination of the Lay Witness, Preparing For and Trying the Civil Lawsuit, New York State Bar Association
- B.S., High Honors, New York University, 1991
- Ph.D. in Cognitive Science, Awarded his Ph.D. in Learning Theory, New York University, 1995
- M.A., New York University, 1992
Last Updated: 5/15/2022