Louis D. Stober, Jr.
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Mineola, NY
Attorney Louis D. Stober, Jr., is the principal of the Law Offices of Louis D. Stober, Jr., L.L.C., in Mineola, New York. Mr. Stober handles a variety of cases, including discrimination, employment issues, FLSA matters, landlord-tenant cases, real estate and uncontested divorce. He serves clients in both Nassau and Suffolk counties in Long Island, as well as throughout Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens and Westchester.
Mr. Stober has more than three decades of legal experience, particularly in the discrimination and labor law fields. In this capacity, he has secured many million and multimillion-dollar verdicts. He has represented groups, including the Civil Service Employees Association, the School Administrators Association of New York State and the Uniformed Firefighters Association.
Licensed to practice law in New York since 1984, Mr. Stober is also admitted to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit. Along with his litigation experience before these courts, he is also familiar with alternative dispute resolution techniques such as arbitration and mediation.
After earning bachelor’s degrees in history and political science from the State University of New York at Albany, Mr. Stober graduated from Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law. He is a member of several professional organizations, including the Nassau County Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He also belongs to the Long Island Labor and Employment Relations Association and the Rotary Club of Mineola-Garden City.
- 50%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 20%Real Estate: Consumer
- 20%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Employment Law - Employee, Unions, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
About Louis D. Stober, Jr.
First Admitted: 1984
Professional Webpage: http://www.stoberlaw.com/Attorney-Profiles/Louis-D-Stober-Jr...
- AV Preeminent rated, Martindale-Hubble
- Moot Court Board, 1982-1983
- Law Journal, International Property Investment Journal, Associate Editor
- SUNY, Albany, New York, B.A., 1981, Major: Political Science, Major: History, Honors: Dean's List
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- New York, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1992
- American Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1992
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1985
Pro bono/Community Service
- Long Island Industrial Relations Research Association, Member
- Garden City-Mineola, Rotary, Member, 1999 - Present
- Uniformed Fire Fighters Association Local 287
- Civil Service Employees Association, Inc.
- School Administrators Association of New York State
- Civil Service Employees Association, Inc. v. New Hyde Park/Garden City Park Union Free School District, 230 A.D.2d 702, 646 N.Y.S.2d, 1996
- Thorsen v. County of Nassau, November, 2009
- Lane/Tosner et al v. Town of Hempstead
- Miller v. County of Nassau, February 2009
- Zimmermann v. Associates First Capital
- Nassau Chapter Civil Service Employees Association, Local 830, AFSCME. Local 1000, AFL-CIO, v. County of Nassau and Nassau Community College, 154 Misc.2d 545, 585 N.Y.S.2d 966 (Supreme Court)
- Vorwerk v. Brown
- CSEA v. County of Nassau
- New York commercial real estate transactions on upswing https://t.co/19jA9HKuw7
- Remodeling may not be necessary before real estate transactions https://t.co/oO2ZJnW5lw
- Commercial real estate transactions will look different in future https://t.co/DNK2J6LuNV
- Gap time not covered in Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) https://t.co/CIby6AJniG
- What if I took time off during the week I worked overtime? https://t.co/dKV8dFREEh
Last Updated: 6/16/2022