Steven L. Levitt
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Mineola, NY
Steven L. Levitt, the founder of the Mineola, New York, law firm of Levitt LLP, has been representing clients for decades in business litigation, transactions and real estate matters. A former executive for a company in the computer industry, he brings a practical approach to his role as a litigator and counselor for corporations, partnerships, and other types of public and private businesses.
Mr. Levitt attended the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, graduating magna cum laude in 1981. He also completed his undergraduate coursework at Hofstra University, graduating with a bachelor’s degree in economics.
While he primarily represents businesses in Nassau, Suffolk, Queens and Kings counties, Mr. Levitt has handled litigation and transactional matters all over the country. He is admitted to practice in New York state courts, the U.S. district courts for the eastern and southern districts of New York, the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
In his more than 30 years of practice, Mr. Levitt has represented clients in many high-profile cases with millions of dollars at stake. He has also represented various types of professionals as they form, strengthen or dissolve partnerships and other types of organizations.
Active in professional and community organizations, Mr. Levitt is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Nassau County Bar Association. He has served on the legal committee for the Village of East Hills and has volunteered his legal services for the Montauk Chamber of Commerce.
- 60%Business Litigation
- 20%Real Estate: Business
Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Condominiums & Cooperatives, Landlord/Tenant, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
About Steven L. Levitt
First Admitted: 1982
Professional Webpage: https://www.levittlawllp.com/attorneys/steven-l-levitt/
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine
- Top Legal Eagle for Corporate / Contracts Law , Long Island Pulse Magazine
- Leader in Law, Forbes Magazine
- Phi Beta Kappa honoree, 1978
- Top 10 Legal Eagle, Long Island Pulse Magazine
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association - Continuing Legal Education program topic lecturer on buying and selling a law practice
- Mr. Levitt has represented multiple companies in various multi-million dollar transactions, including (1) L-3 Communications Corporation; (2) Davidson Aluminum and Metal Corporation; and (3) D.N.S. Metal Industries, Inc.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Montauk Chamber of Commerce - pro bono legal representation
- Village of East Hills - prior Legal Committee member
- Lab Crafters, Inc.
- Montauk Chamber of Commerce
- Thorn Americas, Inc.
- BAE Systems, Inc.
- Eltman, Eltman & Cooper, P.C.
- L-3 Communications Corporation
- Midtown Urological Assoc., P.C.
- Sullivan, Papain, Block, McGrath & Cannavo, P.C.
- Air Distribution Enterprises, Inc.
- East Coast Petroleum, Inc.
- Jovan Photography, Ltd.
- Lockheed Martin Fairchild Corp.
- Rent-a-Center, Inc.
- Westbeth Corp., HDFC, Inc.
- Best Foods Baking Company (A Division of Entenmann's)
- Hollis Park Manor Nursing Home
- Hofstra University, B.A. in Economics, Phi Beta Kappa, 1978
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 1981
- Palmieri v. East Coast Power & Gas LLC et al (U.S. District Court, SDNY) - Favorable settlement of claims and counterclaims in the hundreds of millions of dollars., 2021
- Kitzen v. Pisa Contracting Inc. (N.Y. Supreme Court, Nassau County). Favorable settlement during trial of a multi-million dollar business dissolution proceeding., 2021
- After a 2 week hearing, obtained a $14.3 million arbitration award for the client, the principal of a construction management company, arising from unpaid fees contractually owed by the project owner in connection with construction of a luxury condominium., 2021
- After evidentiary hearings including witness testimony, obtained temporary restraining order, and subsequently, a preliminary injunction, and finally, a favorable settlement in connection with a commercial real estate dispute on behalf of Manhattan luxury hotelier against a celebrity restauranteur tenant., 2020
- L-3 Communications Integrated Systems L.P. against Confidential Customer in connection with aircraft redelivery dispute - Favorable settlement, 2018
- Arbitration over licensing agreement - $49M arbitration award., 2015
- In the Matter of Lockheed Martin Corporation v. L-3 Communications Integrated Systems, L.P. (Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division, Case No.: 1:05-CV-902-CAP March 2010)
- Liapakis v. Sullivan et al. (New York County Index No. 603307/99)
- L-3 Communications Corporation v. OSI Systems, Inc.(Southern District of New York, Case No.: 1-02-cv-9144-PAC, March 2011)
- Sullivan Papain Block McGrath & Cannavo P.C. v. Liapakis (Nassau County Index No. 5786/00)
- Berkun v. Validation Review Associates, Inc., 262 A.D.2d 341, 693 N.Y.S.2d 56 (2d Dept. 1999)
- Kalitta Air, L.L.C. as assignee of American International Airways, Inc. v. Central Texas Airborne Systems Inc. (Northern District of California, Oakland Division, Case No.: 96-cv-2494-CW, November 2011)
- State of New York et al. v. Philip Morris Inc., et al., 308 A.D.2d 57, 763 N.Y.S.2d 32 N.Y. Slip Op. 16262 (1st Dept. 2003)
- In the Matter of Validation Review Associates, Inc., 91 N.Y.2d 840, 690 N.E.2d 487, 667 N.Y.S.2d 678 (1997)
Last Updated: 5/15/2022