Steven E. Waldinger
Top rated General Litigation attorney in Mount Kisco, New YorkGettinger Waldinger & Monteleone, LLP
Attorney Steven E. Waldinger is a partner with Shapiro Gettinger Waldinger & Monteleone, LLP, law firm in Mount Kisco, New York. A top-rated civil trial attorney with more than 32 years of total legal experience, Mr. Waldinger provides exceptional representation to a diverse range of clients throughout Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Dutchess and Orange counties who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Community association law
· Commercial litigation
· Real estate litigation, including landlord-tenant and zoning disputes
· Civil litigation, medical malpractice and personal injury
Along with maintaining a successful litigation practice, Mr. Waldinger has become a recognized leader in community association law, and he has served the needs of more than 100 community association boards across his region over the past 20 years. In addition, he also provides invaluable advice to his clients regarding their legal issues to help them make the best-informed decisions and remain in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Through his litigation practice, Mr. Waldinger has achieved notable success assisting community associations with their issues involving the enforcement of the association's bylaws and regulations, common charges collections, foreclosure liens, construction defects and other serious matters. He has also handled numerous cases involving both residential and commercial real estate disputes, evictions, lease issues and more, and he has assisted numerous plaintiff clients with obtaining maximum compensation from their personal injury and medical malpractice claims.
A leader in his field, Mr. Waldinger has published articles that have helped spur changes in the ways attorneys represent condominium associations in foreclosure actions, and he has conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on topics involving effective collection tactics and other subjects. Moreover, he has served as chair of the Town of Somers Zoning Board of Appeals as well as president of the Northern Westchester Bar Association.
Among his other professional affiliations, Mr. Waldinger is a member of the Community Associations Institute's Hudson Valley Chapter, the Westchester County Bar Association, and the New York State and American Bar Associations. Outside his legal practice, he also serves as president of the Somers Holocaust Memorial Commission, and he is a former community representative of the Northern Westchester Hospital Institutional Review Board. He has also served on the board of directors of the Ridgefield Conservatory of Dance, and he is a board of trustees member of Manhattanville College.
A 1985 graduate of Manhattanville College, Mr. Waldinger obtained his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from New York Law School in 1987. A merit scholar in law school, he was an active member of the New York Law School Law Review, and he received the Kaplun Foundation Award for Consumer Law and the American Jurisprudence Award for Real Property, Civil Procedure and Torts. He is admitted to practice in Connecticut and New York as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Waldinger has earned consistent top rankings from his peers, and he has received Superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo as well as the site's Clients' Choice Award for Litigation.
Practice areasGeneral Litigation, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Defense
- 60% General Litigation
- 20% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20% Civil Litigation: Defense
First Admitted: 1987, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.kiscolawfirm.com/Attorneys/Steven-E-Waldinger.sh...
- Community Representative, Northern Westchester Hospital Institutional Review Board, 2001 - 2011
- Manhattanville College, Board of Trustees
- Manhattanville College Alumni Board, Member
- Chairman, Town of Somers Zoning Board of Appeals, 1998 - 2005
- President, Northern Westchester County Bar Association, 2000 - 2001
- Board of Trustees, Manhattanville College, Purchase, NY Board of Directors, Ridgefield Conservatory of Dance President, Somers Holocaust Memorial Commission
- Northern Westchester Bar Association, Member
- Westchester County, NY State and American Bar Associations, Member
- Community Associations Institute, Hudson Valley Chapter, Member
- Community Associations Institute, Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1988
- New York, 1988
- Connecticut, 1987
- Past President, Northern Westchester Bar Association, 2000 - 2001
- New York Law School, New York, New York, New York Law School Law Review, Member, 1985 - 1986
- How to Get Blood From a Stone, Representing Boards in Collection Actions, Community Associations Institute, Hudson Valley Chapter
- New York Law School, New York, New York, Honors: Kaplun Foundation Award for Consumer Law, American Jurisprudence Awards for Real Property, Civil Procedure and Torts, New York Law School Merit Scholar
- Manhattanville College, Purchase, New York, B.A., Major: Economics, 1985
- Awarded Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating. Mr. Waldinger has been ranked by his peers at the highest level of professional excellence for legal knowledge, communication skills, and ethical standards, an award shared with less than 10% of all attorneys in the entire country. , 2023
- Community Association Law
Office location for Steven E. Waldinger
118 North Bedford Road
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
See legal Q & A provided by Steven E. Waldinger
Q: Can A Homeowners Association Or Condominium Benefit By Foreclosing On A Unit To Collect Delinquent Common Charges In New York?A: Many people live in shared communities. The benefits of such community living result in a shared responsibility for costs, resulting in common … See all answers by Steven Waldinger