Ilana F. Davidov
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in New Hyde Park, NY
Ilana F. Davidov is the founder of Davidov Law Group, P.C., in New Hyde Park, New York. An estate planning attorney with over 20 years of experience, Ms. Davidov helps clients throughout New York City and Long Island, New York.
Ms. Davidov handles many types of estate planning matters including those involving asset protection, guardianship, probate, special needs trusts and more. She understands how important an estate plan is in terms of protecting loved ones and building a legacy. She is dedicated to helping her clients craft a thorough estate plan designed with the best interest of their families in mind.
Recognized for her legal ability and accomplishments over the course of her career, the Queens Courier named Ms. Davidov a “top women in business” honoree in 2015. Committed to education and professional development, she and her husband, who is also her partner at the law firm, are the authors of an estate planning book published in 2015. She also appeared in the February 2016 issue of Forbes magazine.
After completing her undergraduate studies, Ms. Davidov earned her law degree from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center. Earlier in her legal career, she gained legal experience by serving as a court attorney for an Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court.
Ms. Davidov holds licenses to practice law before all New York state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. She is an active member of the New York State Bar Association.
About Ilana F. Davidov
First Admitted: 2000
Professional Webpage: https://www.davidovlaw.com/team-profiles/ilana-f-davidov-esq...
- Keeping It in Your Family: Why Most Traditional Estate Plans Fail and What You Can Do About It
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar
- Provided Continuing Legal Education through CUNY Law School to attorneys on Real Estate Transactions, Title Review and Ethics in Real Estate Transactions, 2006
- Represented professional tenants (physicians, dentists) in the purchase of a professional practice and lease negotiations
- Represented several sponsor cooperative apartment holders in the resale of sponsor units and filed amendments with Attorney General on their behalf
- Represented a high net worth client in establishing a CRT, and advising on strategies to reduce outstanding tax obligations, 2014
- Middle-class seniors, high net worth individuals, Medicaid applicants, estate fiduciaries, and beneficiaries, and small to medium-sized business owners
- Trial verdict and multiple appeals in favor of Real Estate Client where purchaser failed to close on the transaction, 2009-2014
- Obtained a favorable decision from the Appellate Division, Second Department on an appeal [In Re April D.], 2002
- Favorable settlement in a contested estate administration case
- Favorable settlement after litigation of a Medicaid lien. The settlement reached was for 11% of the total lien claimed by Medicaid, 2010
- Obtained a favorable decision from the Appellate Division, Second Department [Eveready Insurance Co. v. Robinson], 2002
- Ilana Davidov was honored, among 50 talented women, for the success attained in her career and for her contribution to her community at a gala with approximately 800 attendees, Top Women in Business, Queens Courier, 2015
- Appeared in Forbes Magazine, 2016
Last Updated: 5/15/2022