Robert F. Rich, Jr.
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New Paltz, NY
Robert F. Rich Jr. is the founder of The Law Offices of Robert F. Rich, Jr. PLLC, in New Paltz, New York. He represents clients in and around Ulster County, Orange County and Dutchess County with various personal injury matters such as medical malpractice and nursing home negligence.
With more than three decades of experience as a trial lawyer, Mr. Rich began his career focusing on medical and dental malpractice defense. After honing his skills working for insurance companies and health care providers, he decided to open up his own law firm to fight on behalf of the injured victims. He has successfully represented clients in several complex cases with settlement amounts worth millions of dollars.
Mr. Rich has a bachelor’s degree cum laude from the State University of New York at Albany. He later studied law at the Albany Law School, where he won a national level moot court competition and received the Clements Memorial Award for the highest standing in Insurance Law. Earning his Juris Doctor in 1987, he is licensed to practice in Connecticut, New York and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of New York.
AV Preeminent* rated through Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Rich has been named among the top attorneys in Hudson Valley by the Hudson Valley Magazine. He holds an “Excellent” rating on Avvo, in addition to several five-star reviews from grateful clients he has helped over the years.
Active in the legal circle, Mr. Rich is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers and the Dutchess County Bar Association. He shares his legal knowledge with young attorneys by writing course materials and lecturing at continuing legal education programs.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Robert F. Rich, Jr.
First Admitted: 1988, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.bobrichlaw.com/attorneys
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Dutchess County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Health Law Section and Committee on Professional Discipline
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- SUNY Albany, BA in History/Teacher Ed (Cum Laude), 1984
- Honored to be rated among the top 1% of trial counsel for medical malpractice in New York State by Medical Malpractice Lawyers, 2012
- Albany Law School of Union University, Clements Memorial Award
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers Magazine for 2019
- In 2012, Bob was honored to be rated among the top 1% of trial counsel for medical malpractice in New York State by Medical Malpractice Lawyers., Medical Malpractice Lawyers, 2012
- In 2013, Bob was designated as one of the top attorneys in the Hudson Valley area by Hudson Valley Magazine., Hudson Valley Magazine, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell has recognized Bob as preeminent in his field with its highest rating (AV)., Martindale-Hubbell, 2013
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Bob was elected to serve as Town Justice for the town of Gardiner, NY., 2013
Last Updated: 8/11/2022