Adam D. Cole
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in New York, New YorkChipman Brown Cicero & Cole, LLP
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Professional Liability, Bankruptcy; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1991
Education: Albany Law School
Chipman Brown Cicero & Cole, LLP501 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10017 Visit website
A partner at Chipman Brown Cicero & Cole, LLP, Adam D. Cole is located in the firm’s offices in New York City. Representing clients throughout the country, he focuses his practice on complex business litigation and related matters. Mr. Cole has been admitted to practice before all New York state courts since 1991, and he is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Mr. Cole’s practice has included business bankruptcies and related litigation, and in this area, he has provided representation to hedge funds and other investors, creditors’ committees, debtors in possession, and petitioners under Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. He also has extensive securities litigation experience, and he has assisted broker-dealers as well as publicly traded companies in a variety of disputes.
Mr. Cole has also defended national accounting firms that have been accused of committing professional malpractice in cases brought by investors and creditors involving audits. He additionally possesses significant experience in representing companies in post-merger and acquisition disputes with claims on accounting, pricing and breaches of warranties. He has written numerous articles on topics relating to his practice areas that have been published in law journals, and in addition to his courtroom work, he has appeared before arbitration panels.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Cole attended Stony Brook University, part of the State University of New York system, and he received a Bachelor of Arts in 1987. He then pursued his legal studies at Albany Law School, and he was the managing editor of the Albany Law Review before being awarded his Juris Doctor cum laude in 1990. Mr. Cole is a member of the New York State Bar Association and other professional organizations.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Professional Liability: Defense, Bankruptcy: Business
Bankruptcy Law, Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- 50% Business Litigation
- 30% Professional Liability: Defense
- 20% Bankruptcy: Business
First Admitted: 1991, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.chipmanbrown.com/adam-c-cole
- Co-author, "When Non-Clients Sue Professionals for Negligence," New York Law Journal, January 4, 2010
- Author, "Comment, It Ain't Over Till It's Over," Interpreting 28 U.S.C. 158(d) Finality for Bankruptcy Appeals to Circuit Courts, 53 Alb. L. Rev. 889 (1989)
- Co-author, "General Motors and Mass Torts: Precedent or Arbitration," Leader's Product Liability Law and Strategy, June 1995
- Listed, New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2009-2019
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- New York
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.A.
Office location for Adam D. Cole
501 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10017
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023