Adam H. Friedman
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in New York, NY
A partner in the Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Group, Adam H. Friedman represents clients in corporate and real estate restructurings and Chapter 11 cases.
Adam regularly represents clients in all aspects of bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings, reorganization transactions, and financing transactions across the capital structure. Adam also advises clients on strategies to navigate financial distress and market uncertainty and regularly assists investors looking to capitalize on opportunities being created by special situations and market disruption.
Adam is also a leader in Olshan’s Loan Restructuring and Distressed Real Estate Group and represents clients in connection with commercial, CMBS and mezzanine loan restructurings and litigation. Adam has substantial experience in both out-of-court and in-court restructuring matters for clients based in the United States and abroad. He also counsels parties with respect to fiduciary duties, director and officer liability, liability management, fraudulent conveyance and similar issues related to corporate transactions and insolvency proceedings.
Adam is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, and is on the Board of Editors of The Bankruptcy Strategist, a leading bankruptcy law publication.
About Adam H. Friedman
First Admitted: 1993
Professional Webpage: http://www.olshanlaw.com/attorneys-Adam-Friedman.html
- Represented bondholders in connection with the following recent cases: Sears Holdings Corp., Toys R Us, Gulfmark Offshore, Rand Logistics, Inc., SunEdison Inc; Caesars Entertainment, Endeavor Oil; Magnum Hunter Resources; Sabine Oil & Gas; MBIA; Tronox, Inc.; ESP Resources ; University General Hospital Systems; UGHS Senior Living Inc.
- Represented purchaser of a $60 million real estate loan against hotel debtor in bankruptcy and foreclosure proceedings.
- Represented investors in pre-packaged Chapter 11 case of Isologen, Inc., which restructured approximately $90 million of debts and issued registration exempt "equity for debt" securities under the Plan.
- Represented shopping center owner/borrower in connection with a large CMBS loan restructuring and loan sale transaction between client, rescue finance partner and the special servicer
- Represented Team Greene LLC, the senior secured lender by assignment of senior mortgage loan, in connection with the acquisition out of bankruptcy of a 92,000 s.f. mix-use residential and commercial building in Brooklyn, New York.
- Represented Perry Ellis International, Inc. as purchaser of real estate assets in the chapter 11 case of Fred’s Inc.
- Represented Bristol Investment Fund, Ltd., as purchaser of business and assets of Sugarfina, Inc. and affiliates, in their chapter 11 cases.
- Represented Surrey Realty Associates, LLC, the ground lessor, in the bankruptcy proceedings of premier Upper East Side NYC hotel, The Surrey Hotel.
- Represented the Ad Hoc Committee of Preferred Shareholders of Washington Prime Group Inc. and affiliates.
- Represented Second Lien Lenders in chapter 11 cases of Sportco Holdings, Inc., et al. in their chapter 11 cases
- The Journal of Corporate Renewal by Turnaround Management Association published an article on Real Estate Bankruptcies entitled “Real Estate Bankruptcies: Next Wave Features Underwater Assets, Complex Structures” written by Adam H. Friedman and Jordanna L. Nadritch. The article addresses the use of bankruptcy law for restructuring real estate assets., Co-Author, Real Estate Bankruptcies: Next Wave Features Underwater Assets, Complex Structures, The Journal of Corporate Renewal
Last Updated: 7/14/2022