Adria S. Hillman
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in New York, NY
At her own firm located in New York City, Adria S. Hillman focuses her practice on complex divorce litigation, settlements and appeals involving sensitive financial and custodial matters for clients throughout the metropolitan area. With a legal background spanning more than four decades and several practice areas, including commercial and intellectual property litigation and matters involving libel and slander, she is well-equipped to assist her clients in finding equitable and lasting solutions for complex matters such as child custody and property division.
Ms. Hillman attended Bennington College on a Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation scholarship, graduating in 1967, before attending New York University School of Law and being awarded her Juris Doctor in 1970. Before establishing her own firm in 1991 and shifting her litigation focus entirely to family law, she was a partner at Green & Hillman for more than 15 years. A co-author of an analysis of New York's equitable distribution laws, Ms. Hillman is admitted to practice in New York and before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
A founding member of the New York Women's Foundation, in which she has served in multiple capacities, Ms. Hillman is a longstanding member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and the New York Women's Bar Association as well as a sustaining member of the New York State Bar Association. On account of her superb trial and appellate work and strong ethics, she has received an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, and the Civil Branch of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, New York County, has appointed her as a special master and neutral in ADR proceedings.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Adria S. Hillman
First Admitted: 1971, New York
Professional Webpage: http://adriashillman.com/site/adria-s-hillman/
- Super Lawyer every year, 2007 - Present
- Martindale Hubbell AV rating
- New York State Legislative Advisory Committee
- Bar Association of the City of New York, Judiciary Committee and Matrimonial Committee, Member, 1973
- New York County Supreme Court, Special master
- New York Women's Foundation, Founding member, Advocacy committee, Executive committee member and Vice-President
- Governor's Task Force on Sexual Harassment
- New York State Bar Association, Sustaining member
- Green & Hillman, Partner, 1976
- New York City Task Force on Family Violence
- New York Women's Bar Association, Member, 1982
- Co-authored with Harriet N. Cohen, an analysis of Equitable Distribution in Divorce, New York
- Separation Agreements, chapter in a Family Law Manual, Editor
- Women and the Law, Editor
- Bennington College, attended on a Jesse Smith Noyes Fellowship, 1967
Last Updated: 5/15/2022