Ailie L. Silbert
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in New York, NY
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney Ailie Silbert is the founder and owner of Ailie L. Silbert Family Law and Mediation in New York, New York a boutique law firm based in New York City since 2012. Licensed to practice in New Jersey as well as New York, Ms. Silbert represents the interests of clients throughout the greater New York City metropolitan region in matters of divorce, separation, family law and prenuptial/postnuptial agreements.
Certified as a mediator by the New York and New Jersey Courts, and having completed several advanced mediation programs, Ms. Silbert has years of experience assisting her clients with resolving their conflicts and reaching favorable agreements in a manner that is far more efficient and economical and less adversarial than traditional divorce litigation.
Throughout her legal career, Ms. Silbert has handled numerous high-asset divorces along with many complex child custody matters outside of court, and she served as the immediate past President of the Family & Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York's, where she also served on the board of directors and continuing education committee. She serves on the New York County and Queens County Court matrimonial mediation panels. She is also active with the New York State Council on Divorce Mediation, and she is a member of the New York City and State Bar Associations as well as The Cornell Club - New York, among her other professional affiliations.
A 1996 cum laude graduate of Cornell University College of Arts & Sciences in 1996, Ms. Silbert attended Seton Hall University School of Law on a dean scholarship and obtained her Juris Doctor in 2002. While there, she completed an internship with the Honorable William G. Bassler of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, and she served as judicial clerk and court mediator to the Honorable Ira E. Kreizman of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
Along with practicing before all New York and New Jersey state courts, Ms. Silbert is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
About Ailie L. Silbert
First Admitted: 2003, New York
Professional Webpage: https://ailiesilbertesq.com/
- Board Member, Family & Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York (FDMC) (2016-2021); Vice President (2018-2019); President (2019-2021)
- FDMC, Continuing Education Committee (2015–2019)
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA), Family Law Section and Family Law Section ADR Committee
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2003
- New York Family Court Custody/Visitation Program Consultant Mediator, all counties (2013–2015)
- FDMC, PR Committee Chair (2016–2019)
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
- Member, New York State Council on Divorce Mediation (NYSCDM)
- Queens Court Matrimonial Mediation Panel
- Board and Continuing Education Committee for the Family & Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York (FDMC)
- New Jersey, 2003
- New York, 2003
- Center for Interpersonal Development, Advanced Mediation Skills Development Practicum
- Certified Law Clerk Mediator, NJ Superior Court
- Law Clerk Mediation Training and Qualification, approved under NJ Rule 1:40-12
- Center for Interpersonal Development, Family & Divorce Mediation Post-Graduate Certificate, approved under Part 146 by NY State Unified Court System’s Office of ADR Programs
- Dean Scholarship, Seton Hall University School of Law
Pro bono/Community Service
- Cornell Club NYC
- Cornell University College of Arts and Sciences, B.A., Cum Laude, 1996
- NY State trooper fires shot while trying to stop car on RFK Bridge, suspect in custody https://t.co/biEAQ4hPPk via @ABC7NY
- Nominated when it counts. Always accepting challenges. Proud of all my strong friends and family law,mediation coll… https://t.co/KQGoH4tXXL
- Separating couples, family law practitioners take notice! Speak with your lawyer or mediator to understand how thes… https://t.co/zIg6aF6dWU
- @fdmc_gny Board Members make a strong showing @nysbafamilylaw Nice 2 c colleagues spanning from my high net worth… https://t.co/MizqQ8fvpS
Last Updated: 5/15/2022