Top rated Immigration attorney in New York, New YorkLaw Offices of Alena Shautsova
Practice Areas: Immigration, Employment & Labor, Civil Litigation
Licensed in New York since: 2008
Languages Spoken: English, German, Russian
Attorney Alena Shautsova is a sole practitioner based out of New York, New York. Ms. Shautsova focuses her practice on employment and labor law, particularly sexual harassment matters, and immigration law, personal injury law and other civil litigation matters. She serves clients throughout the New York metropolitan region, and has experience with both individual and class action lawsuits.
Licensed to practice law in the United States since 2008, Ms. Shautsova earned a master’s degree in law from Case Western Reserve University School of Law and graduated from the New York State Bar Association young lawyers section trial academy. A native of Belarus, she also holds a law degree from a prominent eastern European University.
In addition to being admitted before all New York state courts, Ms. Shautsova is admitted before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern districts of New York and the Supreme Court of the United States. She is an active member of the Nassau County Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Ms. Shautsova is a former intern for the Global Action on Aging, a nonprofit organization with special status through the United Nations Economic and Social Council. Active in the American Bar Association, she has served as the organization’s representative to the United Nations Economic and Social Council and has held in roles in the organization’s international law and young lawyers’ divisions. She also serves on the New York State Bar Association’s special committee on immigration representation.
First Admitted: 2008, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.shautsova.com/new-york-law-firm/immigration-civil...
- Selected to the New York Metro Rising Stars list, 2015 - 2016
- Eduard S. Muskie scholarship, 2005
- The Trial Academy of the New York State Bar Association, 2011
- Case Western Reserve University, School of Law, LL.M, 2006
- Special Committee on Immigration Representation of the New York State Bar Association
- Delegate to the ABA House of Delegates, Delegate to the NYSBA House of Delegates; Member of the NYSBA Committee on Immigration Representation; Member of the NYSBA COSAC Committee , 2014
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Co-Liaison to the Section of International Law of the American Bar Association
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division District Representative for the 4th District, New York, 2011-2013
- Co-Liaison from the Young Lawyers Section to The International Law Section of the New York State Bar Association
- Coordinator of Disaster Legal Services for the State of New York under ABA YLD and FEMA contract
- United States Supreme Court, 2012
- ABA Representative to the United Nations Economic and Social Council, 2015- 2016
- Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2010
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2010
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2021