Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in New York, NY
Attorney Alex Lipman is the founder of Lipman Law PLLC in New York, New York. He concentrates his practice on white collar criminal defense and securities litigation, serving clients in New York City and the surrounding area.
Mr. Lipman represents individuals and businesses in criminal matters involving corporate financial anomalies, insider trading accusations and securities sales. He has nearly three decades of legal experience and has been involved in many major cases over the course of his career. Prior to founding his firm, he worked for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York as a special assistant U.S. attorney on the securities and commodities fraud task force.
Along with running his law firm, Mr. Lipman writes and speaks on legal topics. He has spoken at events for the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Council and the National Forum on Securities Litigation and Enforcement. He is also an author or co-author of articles for a number of legal publications.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has honored Mr. Lipman with several awards over the years for his support of Upwardly Global. This prominent organization helps highly educated immigrants obtain employment in the United States.
After graduating with honors from Wesleyan University, Mr. Lipman earned his law degree from New York University School of Law. He is qualified to practice in New York and before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern districts of New York, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, several appellate courts and the Supreme Court of the United States.
About Alex Lipman
First Admitted: 1992, New York
Professional Webpage: https://lipmanpllc.com/about-alex-lipman/
- US Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- District of Columbia Circuit
- US District Courts for the Southern and Eastern District of New York and District of Massachusetts
- New York
- Wesleyan University, BA with Honors, 1986
- Author, “Dusting off SEC Cooperation Guidance for Individuals,” Securities Law360, July 13, 2009
- Panelist, “Current Trends in SEC Enforcement,” Federal Bar Council's 2012 Fall Bench & Bar Retreat, Skytop, PA, September 21, 2012
- Panelist, "Expanded Remedies Under Dodd-Frank and the Increased Use of Administrative Proceedings." ACI’s 4th National Forum on Securities Litigation and Enforcement, New York, NY, January 22, 2015
- Panelist, “SEC Administrative Proceedings: Why Does the SEC Insist on Home-Court Advantage While Disadvantaging Defendants on Discovery?” American Bar Association Ninth Annual National Institute on Securities Fraud, New Orleans, LA, November 14, 2014
- Co-author, Civil and Criminal Enforcement of Federal Environmental Law: Basic Provisions and Current Controversies, Jed S. Rakoff and Alex Lipman, 797 PLI/Corp 611, 1992
- Co-Presenter, “Understanding Fiduciary Duties and the Sweep of the Anti-Fraud Provisions of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940,” Investment Adviser Association and National Regulatory Services, Boston, MA, June 13, 2012
- Obtained a voluntary dismissal by the SEC of a filed action against a former senior executive of a collateral manager, involving charges of negligent fraud in connection with creation and marketing of a CDO. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/business/another-fumble-by-the-sec.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0, 2012
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission: Chairman's Award (2003) U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission: Division of Enforcement Director's Award (2001) Outstanding Leadership Award from Upwardly Global, a charitable organization helping immigrants with higher education find employment in the U.S. that matches their qualifications. Award given for mentoring and supporting the organization. http://www.upwardlyglobal.org/gala/new-york-gala/new-york-gala , Outstanding Leadership Award, Upwardly Global, 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022