Amelia K. Brankov
Top rated intellectual property litigation attorney in New York, New YorkBrankov PLLC
The founder of Brankov PLLC, Amelia K. Brankov is a litigation and transactional attorney who primarily focuses her practice on art law and intellectual property (IP) law. With her firm located in New York City, she serves clients throughout the surrounding areas. She also handles cases related to copyright infringement, commercial litigation, breach of contract, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and legal malpractice.
Working with individuals in the creative sector such as curators, collectors, artists, galleries, publishers and conservators, Ms. Brankov seeks to solve their issues through counsel, mediation and trial. She also advocates for the rights of clients involved in disputes related to artwork and artists’ legacies. Assisting her clients with all aspects of the legal process, she helps them navigate through all art-related paperwork and many types of agreements.
Clients of Ms. Brankov know her as a well-rounded attorney who is accessible and provides workable solutions to even their most complex problems. She compares the intricate details with the bigger picture to find the optimum balance that is essential for any case. She has more than 18 years of experience and is licensed to practice in New York and Texas and before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Graduating with a bachelor’s degree from The University of Texas at Austin with the highest honors, Ms. Brankov completed her legal studies at The University of Texas at Austin – School of Law with honors in 2002. She went on to obtain her master’s in law from the University of Cambridge – Clare Hall and graduated with first-class honors.
Ms. Brankov was selected by Chambers and Partners as a top U.S. art and cultural property attorney. She has been featured in The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. She also frequently lectures and writes on topics related to art and IP law.
The incoming chair of the Art Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association, Ms. Brankov is also the chair of Trusts & Estates magazine’s Art, Auctions & Antiques editorial advisory board. She is also the ex-co-chair of the Art Law Committee of the New York County Lawyers Association. In addition, Ms. Brankov serves as an adjunct professor, where she teaches a course in art law at the New York University’s Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development.
Practice areasIntellectual property litigation, Business litigation, Intellectual property
Non-compete agreements, Copyrights, Trademarks, Intellectual property law
- 40% Intellectual property litigation
- 30% Business litigation
- 30% Intellectual property
First Admitted: 2003, New York
Professional Webpage: https://brankovlaw.com/about
- Co-Chair of the Art Law Committee of the New York County Lawyers Association
- Chair of Trusts & Estates magazine’s Art, Antiques & Auctions editorial advisory committee
- Chair of the Art Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association
- Member of the Texas Law Review, University of Texas School of Law
- Ranked in Chambers HNW as a top U.S. art and cultural property attorney, 2021 - 2022
- Super Lawyer in New York-area for Business Litigation and Intellectual Property Litigation, 2013 - 2021
- Order of the Coif, University of Texas School of Law
- Adjunct Professor at NYU’s Steinhardt School
- University of Texas, BA, with highest honors, 1999
- Fine Art
Office location for Amelia K. Brankov
1185 6th Ave
New York, NY 10036
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022