Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in New York, New YorkKI Legal
Practice Areas: Employment Litigation, Business Litigation, Bankruptcy; view more
Licensed in New York since: 2009
Education: St. Thomas University School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Greek
KI Legal40 Wall St
New York, NY 10005 Visit website
Andreas Koutsousakis is the co-founder of KI Legal. He represents and advises businesses in litigation matters involving employment-related issues, shareholder and commercial disputes, governmental investigations and audits, and contractual relationships. In the context of protecting his clients in court, Andreas’ client representation also involves asset protection strategies, corporate clean-up and restructuring, as well as Chapter 11 reorganization plans. His clients count on him to provide reliable preventive general counseling, which includes federal, state and local laws, internal audits and investigations, and handbook/employee policy and compliance with development and implementation.
His civil rights and employment law defense experience includes the representation of individuals and businesses subject to government audits or investigations by the U.S. Dept. of Labor Wage & Hour Division, the New York State Department of Labor, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the New York City Commission on Human Rights, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Andreas provides quality guidance to these clients, helping them navigate the investigation process from start to conclusion, and defending against such investigations with creative out-of-the-box solutions.
Andreas has also represented individuals and businesses sued for alleged violations of federal and state civil rights and employment laws, including the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Americans with Disabilities in Employment Act (ADEA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the NYS Human Rights Law and the NYC Human Rights Law.
He is a skilled litigator, representing individual and business clients in commercial, employment, and civil rights matters in both federal and state courts. Prior to starting his private practice, Andreas was an Associate Attorney in the Litigation Division of Cullen and Dykman LLP, where he represented local and national banks in commercial and residential mortgage foreclosure actions, as well as employment and commercial litigation matters. Andreas was also named to the 2019 Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Stars list for Employment Litigation Defense, an honor awarded to only 2.5% of attorneys in New York. Recently, Andreas along with KI Legal co-founder Michael Iakovou were inaugurated into the Greek America Foundation’s 40 under 40 class of 2022, due to his concurrent professional and philanthropic excellence. Furthermore, he is a member of the Hellenic Lawyers Association where he shares his passion for law and the pride of this Hellenic heritage with like-minded legal professionals.
As a restaurant owner himself, Andreas serves his restaurant clients with a unique perspective, appreciation and understanding of the intricacies of their businesses. From top-tier establishments and quick service restaurants to national and regional chains, as well as single-location businesses, Andreas provides high-quality representation for the full spectrum of restaurant types. With an eye towards efficient and effective representation, his clients trust him with all legal matters they encounter on a day-to-day basis.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Defense, Business Litigation, Bankruptcy: Business, Business/Corporate, Closely Held Business, Employment & Labor: Employer
Bankruptcy Law, Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Contracts, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employer, Labor Law, Limited Liability Companies, Non-Compete Agreements, Partnership, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Trade Secret, Unions, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- 40% Employment Litigation: Defense
- 20% Business Litigation
- 10% Bankruptcy: Business
- 10% Business/Corporate
- 10% Closely Held Business
- 10% Employment & Labor: Employer
First Admitted: 2009, New York
Professional Webpage: https://kilegal.com/andreas-koutsoudakis-co-founding-partner...
- Pace University, Lubin School of Business, B.B.A., Major: Business Management, 2002-2005, 2006
- St. John’s University School of Law, Queens, New York, LL.M. (Bankruptcy), 2022
- St. Thomas University School of Business, M.B.A., Major: International Business, 2007-2008, 2008
- Food Service Overview and Current State of the Industry, ESTIATOR, June 2015 , 2015
- Work/Life Balance for Lawyers: Myth or Reality, The New York County Lawyer, July/Aug. 2012 , 2012
- What to Expect from a U.S. Department of Labor Investigation, ESTIATOR, Mar. 2012 Magistrate Judges: A Primer for Young Lawyers, NYSBA, Young Lawyers Section, Electronically in Touch, Feb. 2012 , 2012
- A Visit from the U.S. Dept. of Labor May Mean Visits from other Dept.’s also, ESTIATOR, Dec. 2011 , 2011
- Law Update: New York Wage Theft Prevention Act of 2010, ESTIATOR, Feb. 2011 , 2011
- Lost or Damaged Shipments, and Your Rights, KPHTH, Nov. 2010 , 2010
- Economically Efficient Mergers, 34 U. DAYTON L. REV. 233 (2009) , 2009
- Antitrust More than a Century After Sherman: Why Protecting Competitors Promotes Competition
- St. Thomas Law Review, St. Thomas University School of Law
- Thomson Reuters® as a New York Super Lawyer Rising Star , Super Lawyer, Rising Star , Thomson Reuters®, 2021
- Greek America Foundation’s 40 Under 40 (Class of 2022) , 40 Under 40: Class of 2022, Greek America Foundation, 2022
- Thomson Reuters® as a New York Super Lawyer Rising Star , Super Lawyer, Rising Star , Thomson Reuters®, 2022
- Thomson Reuters® as a New York Super Lawyer Rising Star , Super Lawyer, Rising Star , Thomson Reuters®, 2020
- Thomson Reuters® as a New York Super Lawyer Rising Star , Super Lawyer, Rising Star , Thomson Reuters®, 2019
- Thomson Reuters® as a New York Super Lawyer Rising Star , Super Lawyer, Rising Star , Thomson Reuters®, 2016
- Thomson Reuters® as a New York Super Lawyer Rising Star , Super Lawyer, Rising Star , Thomson Reuters®, 2015
- Thomson Reuters® as a New York Super Lawyer Rising Star , Super Lawyer, Rising Star , Thomson Reuters®, 2014
- Thomson Reuters® as a New York Super Lawyer Rising Star , Super Lawyer, Rising Star , Thomson Reuters®, 2013
- Hellenic Lawyers Association, 2022
- Real Estate
Office location for Andreas Koutsoudakis
40 Wall St
New York, NY 10005
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2016, 2019 - 2023