Andrew J. Maloney
Top rated personal injury attorney in New York, New YorkKreindler & Kreindler LLP
Attorney Andrew J. Maloney is a partner with Kreindler & Kreindler LLP law firm, which has law offices in New York City, Boston, Massachusetts and Los Angeles, California. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 33 years of total legal experience, Mr. Maloney provides exceptional advocacy and support to a diverse range of clients throughout the United States adversely affected by any of the following:
- Aviation accidents
- Pharmaceutical and medical injuries
- Wrongful death
- Serious workplace accidents and construction injuries
- Consumer product injuries
Over the course his legal career, Mr. Maloney has successfully tried numerous cases in state and federal courts throughout the country, and he has served as Liaison Counsel to families involved in 9/11 terrorism litigation against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He has also presented arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court regarding the Westfall Act and the Federal Tort Claims Act for federal employees.
He has also handled cases involving the Military Claims Act as well as other complex aviation-related accident claims, and he has recovered substantial amounts of compensation for his plaintiff clients.
Honored for his remarkable professionalism and superior client service, Mr. Maloney has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with perennial designation from his peers as being among the top 5% of trial lawyers in the United States. He has also received countless testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many obtain the justice they deserve following a preventable tragedy.
A 1985 graduate of Boston College, Mr. Maloney obtained his Juris Doctor from Fordham University School of Law in 1988, where he was a member of the Fordham Urban Law Journal. He holds his license to practice in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut and the District of Columbia, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Districts of Colorado and Connecticut, and the Eastern District of Michigan.
He also holds his admission to practice before the Federal Court of Claims, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd and Federal Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is also an active member of various local, state and national legal organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Aviation and aerospace, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Aviation, Aviation accidents - plaintiff, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Aviation and aerospace
- 30% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1989, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.kreindler.com/people/andrew-maloney
- Speaker, Multi-District Litigation, Air-Law Symposium at Southern Methodist University
- AAJ Trial Magazine, My Second Life, Transformed by Fire
- Panelist, Ethics in the Early Going, 2008 ABA Aviation and Space Law Litigation National Program, Washington, DC
- Speaker, 2008 American Bar Association, Aviation and Space Law Litigation National Program, Washington DC
- Speaker, Mass Torts Made Perfect Aviation Litigation: Product Liability Seminar, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Phoenix, Arizona
- Speaker, September 11th Issues, New York City Bar Association
- Selected as 2020 Super Lawyers®, 2006 – 2020
- Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year, American Association of Justice
- Awarded 5/5 Peer Reviewed Rating, Martindale Hubbell®
- New York
- Past Co-chair, Aviation Litigation Committee, American Bar Association
- Past Co-chair, Mass Torts Committee, Litigation Section, American Bar Association
- Past Chairman, Aeronautics Committee, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second, Third and Federal Circuits
- United States District Court for the Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York, Connecticut, Colorado, Eastern District of Michigan & Federal Court of Claims
- District of Columbia
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, B.A., Major: History - 1985
Office location for Andrew J. Maloney
485 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10017
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022