Andrew W. Siegel
Top rated personal injury attorney in New York, New YorkSiegel & Coonerty LLP
Practice Areas: Personal injury; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1989
Education: Brooklyn Law School
Siegel & Coonerty LLP419 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016 Visit website
Andy Siegel is the founding and senior litigating partner of Siegel & Coonerty, LLP, a personal injury law firm located in New York City. He litigates a wide range of matters involving serious bodily injury, but has a special compassionate interest in representing survivors of traumatic brain injury (TBI). Andy recognizes that “fair compensation” for the unquantifiable losses brought about by brain injury can never truly be achieved. Even the 43 MILLION DOLLARS a jury awarded one of his TBI client’s for her conscious pain and suffering cannot tell the entire story. Committed to his causes, Andy is on the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyer’s Association as well as the Brain Injury Association of New York State. His many trial successes have regularly placed those outcomes among the “Top 100 Verdicts” reported in the state annually. Andy has been honored as a Super Lawyer selection continuously from 2010.
Andy is the author of The Tug Wyler Mystery Series, a collection of emotionally charged and thought provoking medical-legal thrillers. With Suzy’s Case, his debut novel, Andy was able to put a human face on a reality he knows so well from his work life: the intensity of the experience of TBI survivors and their families. Suzy’s Case was optioned by CBS Television, was a People.com Best Beach Read, and was a Suspense Magazine Best Book.
Andy also wrote Second Impact – The Ray Ciancaglini Story. Ray is a former professional boxer and award winning concussion awareness activist who sustained a brain injury in the ring. Andy wrote the novel to educate and protect today’s youth athletes from the harm that can result by “playing through” a concussion. All proceeds from the sale of the book are donated to Ray’s non-profit organization, thesecondimpact.com
A 1985 cum laude graduate of Tulane University, Mr. Siegel attended Brooklyn Law School where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1988. He is admitted to the New York State Bar and the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Slip and fall, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1988, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://mytrialguys.com
- $43,000,000.00 Jury Verdict Award for a brain injury survivor as compensation for her pain and suffering from medical malpractice consisting of the failure to timely diagnose and treat a brain anuerysm that subsequently ruptured.
- $11,965,800 Jury Verdict Award for a construction worker who sustained a brain injury from a fall off the roof due to the failure to provide him with a safety harness as required by the labor laws of the state of New York.
- $9,900,000 Settlement for a 48 year old attorney who was caused to sustain a brain injury from medical malpractice involving the misapplication of a medical device during a surgical procedure.
- $9,480,000 Settlement for a 12 year old child who was caused to sustain a brain injury from medical malpractice involving the accidential non-lethal electrocution during a medical procedure.
- $6,000,000 Jury Verdict Award to a 78 year old man who sustained a brain injury from medical malpractice where the neurosurgeon embedded a drain in the man's brain during the evacuation of a subdural hematoma.
- $6,000,000 Jury Verdict Award to a construction worker who sustained a brain injury from a fall off a ladder placed on a bakers scaffold.
- Super Lawyer Selection continously since 2010
- “Top 100 Verdicts” reported in the state annually on multiple occasions.
- Tulane University Lacrosse, Team Captain
- Great Neck North High School Lacrosse Most Valuable Player
- Brain Injury Association of New York State, Board of Directors
- New York State Trial Lawyer’s Association, Board of Directors
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1995
- Board of Directors of the Medical Malpractice Task Force of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1995
- New York, 1989
- New Jersey, 1998
- Great Neck North High School, 1981
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, cum laude, 1985
- Author of the Tug Wyler Mystery Series, a collection of emotionally charged and thought provoking medical-legal thrillers.
- Suzy’s Case, published by Scribner, A Division of Simon & Schuster.
- Cookie’s Case
- Nelly's Case
- Elton's Case
- Jenna's Case
- Second Impact - The Ray Ciancaglini Story
Office location for Andrew W. Siegel
419 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023
Additional sources of information about Andrew W. Siegel
See legal Q & A provided by Andrew W. Siegel
Q: How to choose the best lawyer to handle a traumatic brain injury case in New York?A: At tbihelpline.com, we would like to share a few simple “do’s and don’ts” to apply when selecting a lawyer to represent you or a family …
Q: When hiring a traumatic brain injury lawyer in New York, should you ask the lawyer about his results in prior TBI cases he has handled?A: Yes. This is one of the most important questions you can ask. These are some of the case results for attorney Andy Siegel in traumatic brain injury … See all answers by Andrew Siegel
Find me online
- Wounded #Veterans Find Recovery In Cycling: https://t.co/OXrc3bg9tX via @sunherald #TBI #Concussion
- Brain Trauma Concerns Have Ivy League Football Coaches Eliminating In-Season Practice Contact. A New Trend? https://t.co/GAAASVvDM2
- Brandi Chastain Pledges To Donate #Brain To #Concussion Research: https://t.co/kbOYtAHl4L via @espnW #TBI https://t.co/3PltLOkkFl