Top rated business litigation attorney in New York, New YorkSadis & Goldberg LLP
Practice Areas: Business litigation
Licensed in New York since: 2013
Education: Georgetown University Law Center
Languages Spoken: English, Hebrew
Sadis & Goldberg LLP551 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10176 Visit website
Ben Hutman is a partner in the firm’s Securities Litigation group. Ben concentrates his practice on complex commercial and appellate litigation matters. Ben represents both plaintiffs and defendants on diverse matters, including business divorce, securities litigation, commercial contract disputes, and shareholder derivative suits, among other commercial matters. Ben has represented a wide variety of clients in federal District and Circuit Courts, New York State trial and appellate courts, FINRA arbitration, AAA arbitration, and mediation.
Prior to joining Sadis & Goldberg, Ben was an associate at Boies, Schiller & Flexner, LLP working in the complex litigation group.
Ben has had recent success representing a wide variety of clients--as both plaintiffs and defendants--including:
Part of the trial team that won a significant award on behalf of traders and against Interactive Brokers in a FINRA arbitration for breaches of fiduciary duty, negligence, and negligent misrepresentation. Elegant Commodities DMCC & Fortune Commodities DMCC v. Interactive Brokers, LLC, No. 17-02914 (March 5, 2019)
Part of the trial team that won a complete defense at trial for the officers of Group IX, Inc. in a shareholder derivative action. Moyal v. Sleppin, et al, 2018 N.Y. Slip. Op. , No. 601973/2007 (N.Y. Sup. Dec. 12, 2018).
Obtained summary judgment on behalf of the Plaintiff on breach of fiduciary duty and fraudulent conveyance claims for co-founder of Bareburger restaurant chain resulting in large confidential settlement. Stavroulakis v. Pelakanos, 2018 N.Y. Slip. Op. 50180(U) (N.Y. Sup. February 13, 2018).
Ben has represented clients on matters in New York State Courts, FINRA arbitrations, the Southern District of New York, and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition, together with local counsel, Ben has represented clients in various other state and federal courts. Ben’s clients have ranged from large banks and multinational corporations, such as The Bank of New York and BESI, to individual investors and shareholders.
Practice areasBusiness litigation
- 100% Business litigation
First Admitted: 2013, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.sadis.com/attorneys/ben-hutman
- Moyal v. Sleppin, et al, 2018 N.Y. Slip. Op. , No. 601973/2007 (N.Y. Sup. Dec. 12, 2018).
- Stavroulakis v. Pelakanos, 2018 N.Y. Slip. Op. 50180(U) (N.Y. Sup. February 13, 2018)
- Elegant Commodities DMCC & Fortune Commodities DMCC v. Interactive Brokers, LLC, No. 17-02914 (March 5, 2019)
- New York Metro Rising Star, New York Metro Super Lawyers Magazine 2017-2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Charter Oak State College, Bachelor of Arts, 2009
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., magna cum laude; Notes Editor, Georgetown Journal of International Law), 2012
Office location for Ben Hutman
551 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10176
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022
Additional sources of information about Ben Hutman
Find me online
- Daniel G. Viola (Partner) and Nicole Arrow (Associate) published an alert entitled, "SEC Charges 27 Financial Firms… https://t.co/KbyfWdP1WH
- Daniel G. Viola (Partner) and Nicole Arrow (Associate) published an alert entitled, "Department of Labor: Spring 20… https://t.co/isEYHQqOOT
- Dan Viola (Partner) published an alert entitled, 'Increases to the Qualified Client “Assets-Under-Management” and “… https://t.co/DATWpNr3km