Benjamin A. Goldburd
Top rated Tax attorney in New York, New YorkGoldburd McCone LLP
SERVING INDIVIDUAL & BUSINESS TAX CLIENTS NATIONWIDE
Benjamin A. Goldburd is a partner at the law firm of Goldburd McCone LLP located in New York City, New York. Focusing his practice on tax law, including business and consumer tax, he also takes on cases involving cannabis law, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate counsel.
Representing clients in New York, New Jersey, Florida, California, across the county and throughout the world, Mr. Goldburd has more than eight years of experience providing sound counsel to his clients. Well-known for his tenacity and aggressiveness in the courtroom, he is a zealous and tireless advocate for his clients with a firm commitment to their needs.
Graduating magna cum laude and with dean’s list honors, Mr. Goldburd obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Brooklyn College. He was the editor-in-chief of the Brooklyn College Pre-Law Journal and the chief political editor of the Brooklyn College Night Call Journal. He was also a member of the Brooklyn College Accounting Society.
Mr. Goldburd went on to pursue law and obtained his Juris Doctor from the Fordham University School of Law. While in law school, he was a student attorney at the university’s tax clinic. Honored for his exceptional legal services, Mr. Goldburd has been selected to be listed in the Top 40 Under 40 Tax Lawyers in the state of New York by the American Society of Legal Advocates.
With memberships in the American Bar Association, the New York County Lawyers Association and the New York State Bar Association, Mr. Goldburd is actively involved in the legal field. Admitted to practice in the state of New York, he is also licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of New York, the Supreme Court of New Jersey, the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Practice areasTax: Business, Business/Corporate, Tax: Consumer, Mergers & Acquisitions
- 30% Tax: Business
- 30% Business/Corporate
- 30% Tax: Consumer
- 10% Mergers & Acquisitions
First Admitted: 2012, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.goldburdmccone.com/About/Benjamin-A-Goldburd.shtm...
- Super Lawyers, 2022
- Top 40 Under 40 Tax Lawyers in the State of New York by the American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) for 2017-2019
- American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Brooklyn College, Brooklyn NY, B.S., Bachelor of Science, Honors: magna cum laude, Major: Accounting
- Advice on PPP and EIDL Loans for businesses., EIDL and PPP, 2020
- $10,000,000 acquisition. A client in the beauty industry acquired a competitor. I assisted in negotiations, drafting, and merger compliance to contribute to a successful merger, 2021
- Sales tax audit of $15,000,000. The client was assessed a $15 mil balance based on a lack of evidence of proper withholding. I provided an analysis and a reconstruction of client's books and records, which created a final assessment of only $15,000, 2021
- $42,000 from US tax court. The client was assessed by the IRS, which disallowed all of his losses from their business, which was attributed to a deficiency based on their current income. I provided IRS appeals with an accurate depiction of losses that had been re-installed, 2021
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan audit of $5,000,000+. The Small Business Association (SBA) requested further information regarding aggregation of multiple entities and client's allowance for PPP loan. Provided documentation and drafted a memorandum. In the end, the loan was granted forgiveness in full, 2021
- Audit of $331,000. Client was assessed for disallowed expenses which contained a balance of over $300,000 in taxes plus penalties and interest. An analysis and reconstruction of client's books and records reduced the balance to $0, 2021
- Reduced the IRS balance of a medical professional from $687,893 to $293,455. A savings of $394,438, 2020
- Advised on a 1033 exchange, deferring client's taxable gains on forced conversion property, 2020
- Advised on a Section 338 Acquisition transaction, 2020
- Created a Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund for investors that deferred $200,000 in capital gains, 2020
- Reduced the sales tax balance of a retailer from $291,375 to $30,290. A savings of $261,085, 2020
- Guiding client in disbursements of lottery winnings. , 2022
- Large penalty abatement for client after negotiation in tax court, 2022
Office location for Benjamin A. Goldburd
New York, NY 10004
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023