Bradley A. Sacks
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in New York, New YorkLaw Office of Bradley A. Sacks
Attorney Bradley A. Sacks is the founder and owner of the Law Offices of Bradley A. Sacks located in New York, New York, where he devotes his practice exclusively to helping those who suffered an injury or loss caused by someone else's negligent, careless or unlawful actions obtain the justice they seek.
A highly rated personal injury attorney with more than 39 years of legal experience, Mr. Sacks has achieved unprecedented success helping his clients recover the maximum amount possible for the damages they incurred as a result of medical malpractice, motor vehicle and trucking accidents, construction accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, misconduct by law enforcement officials and other similar claims.
Early in his career, Mr. Sacks served as assistant corporation counsel for the Corporation Counsel of the City of New York, defending the city and then-mayor Edward Koch in complex litigation involving health care, tort and contractual claims. In private practice since 1987, he now uses that experience to protect the rights and entitlements of his plaintiff clients throughout New York City and Long Island, delivering the personalized attention they deserve to help them recover the compensation and benefits they need to support themselves and their families.
A 1974 graduate of Clark University, Mr. Sacks attended Brooklyn Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1977. In 1978, the New York State Bar Association admitted him to practice, and he is also admitted to practice before all federal courts in New York as well as before the U.S. Supreme Court.
A consummate professional, he is very active with the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the New York County Lawyers Association, holding sustaining memberships in both organizations for over 20 years.
Along with the New York State Bar Association, he is also a member of the American Bar Association, the American Trial Lawyers Association, the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers and the National Police Accountability Project. In 2001, he joined Trial Lawyers Care, where he volunteers his time and services to victims of 9/11, and he serves as diplomat for the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Construction Litigation: Business
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Construction Litigation: Business
First Admitted: 1978
Professional Webpage: https://www.sackslaw.org/About-Us/
- US Federal - Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2003
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- New York Academy of Trial Lawyers
- US Federal Courts – New York's Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts
- New York County Lawyers Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association
- Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association
- National Police Accountability Project
- $3,600,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice / Surgical Error: settlement was reached for a patient rendered paraplegic due to a claim of an improperly performed surgical procedure
- $2,200,000 Settlement – Medical Malpractice / Birth Trauma: a multi-million dollar structured settlement for a child who suffered brain damage after he was born due to failure to properly monitor his breathing
- $1,400,000 Verdict – Medical Malpractice / Wrongful Death: a jury verdict awarded for the death of a woman, in her 26th week of pregnancy, due to the failure to diagnose and properly treat a ruptured uterus
- $44,700,000 Verdict - Construction Site Accident: jury verdict awarded to a union carpenter rendered paraplegic when an 800-pound concrete form to which he was anchored fell on him
- $2,500,000 Verdict - Medical Malpractice: a multi-million dollar jury verdict awarded to a professional hockey player, whose knee injury was improperly treated by the team physician, ending his career
- $1,450,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice / Surgical Error: a settlement during trial for a claim of an improperly performed roux en y bariatric surgery procedure
- $1,200,000 Verdict - Truck Accident / Wrongful Death: a jury verdict awarded to the husband of a woman killed when an oncoming truck hit her car, which was forced across the road by another vehicle, when her car was struck in the rear
- $3,500,000 Settlement - Medical Malpractice: a multi-million dollar settlement was reached for a 31-year-old woman who suffered brain damage due to a failure to monitor her vital signs properly while being mechanically ventilated for Guillain Barre Syndrome
- $1,750,000 Settlement - Police Brutality: a settlement to a victim of a police shooting during a "buy and bust" operation
- $1,300,000 Settlement – Medical Malpractice / Wrongful Death: a settlement was reached for the death of a 35-year-old husband due to a delayed diagnosis of advanced prostate cancer
- Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, with a B.A. in American History in May 1974
- Trial Lawyers Care, Member
Office location for Bradley A. Sacks
New York, NY 10007-3001
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023