Brian J. Alexander
Top Rated Aviation & Aerospace Attorney in New York, NY
Attorney Brian J. Alexander is a partner with Kreindler & Kreindler LLP law firm, and he works primarily out of the firm's law office in New York, New York. A top-ranked and award-winning trial lawyer with more than 27 years of experience, Mr. Alexander provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and beyond who have suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one due to an aviation accident, helicopter accident or some other preventable tragedy.
Having recently accepted an appointment to serve on the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee for the Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 Boeing 737 MAX litigation, Mr. Alexander has gained a reputation as a leader in the field of aviation law, and he has achieved remarkable success advocating on behalf of individuals and families adversely affected by international and domestic airline, commuter and general aviation, and military aircraft crashes. He also served as one of the lead attorneys in litigation following the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Alexander served as a helicopter and fixed-wing pilot for the U.S. Army, and he holds his license as a FAA commercial multi-engine airplane and helicopter pilot with instrument rating. As such, he has invaluable insight into the industry, which helps him better address his plaintiff clients' issues and devise the most effective strategies possible to help them obtain the full amount of compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses as well as their pain and suffering.
Mr. Alexander has served as vice chairman of the American Bar Association's Aviation and Space Law Committee and its Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section. He has also served as adjunct law instructor at Rutgers School of Law, and he has published several books and dozens of articles and lectures on aviation law. He has also been featured in Time Magazine and other national publications, as well as national radio and television programs, where he has offered in-depth legal commentary on a variety of topics.
In honor of his success, Mr. Alexander has earned selection as one of New York City's Best Lawyers in 2017. He has also received the American Jurisprudence Award for Trial Advocacy along with many top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
A 1985 honors graduate and Distinguished Military Graduate of the United States Military Academy in West Point, New York, Mr. Alexander obtained his Juris Doctor from Notre Dame Law School in 1993. While there, he received the International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award for Trial Advocacy and the Jessup International Moot Court Award.
Mr. Alexander holds his license to practice in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District of New Jersey, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd and 6th Circuits.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 80%Aviation and Aerospace
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2008, 2013 - 2022
Articles about Brian J. Alexander appearing in Super Lawyers
About Brian J. Alexander
First Admitted: 1993, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-alexander-1076021/
- Selected as 2020 Super Lawyers®, 2013 - 2020 Selected to 2017 New York City Best Lawyers Recipient, 1993 International Academy of Trial Lawyers: Excellence in Trial Advocacy Award Recipient, 1993 Jessup International Moot Court Award Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Trial Advocacy Member, Plaintiffs' Executive Committee, Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 Boeing 737 MAX 8 Litigation Vice Chairman, American Bar Association: Aviation and Space Law Committee Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) Lecturer, Rutgers Law School Former Adjunct Professor of Law, Rutgers School of Law Co-Author, Litigating the Aviation Case from Pre-Trial to ClosingCo-Editor, American Bar Association: Air and Space Law NewsletterPanelist, Recent Developments in Air Carrier Passenger Liability, 12th Annual McGill Conference on International Aviation Liability, Insurance & Finance, 2019, Montreal, CanadaSpeaker, After The Forum Non Conveniens Dismissal – Litigating In Foreign Airspace, 2018 ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice: Contemporary Aviation & Space Litigation: A World View, Washington, DC Panelist, Strange Bedfellows: Plaintiff and Defendant Cooperation - To The Consternation of Co-Defendants, 2018 AViCON Conference Panelist, Update on U.S. litigation, 37th Annual Aviation Law Association of Australia & New Zealand Conference 2018, Sydney, Australia Speaker, At Home and Abroad: A 2017 Perspective on the Worldwide Resolution of Aviation Claims, 2017 Embry-Riddle Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium, Orlando, FLPanelist, Pilot Depression and Suicide - How to improve Aviation Safety in the Wake of GermanWings, 2016 AViCON - Aviation Insurance Conference, RTI World Headquarters and Research Centre, Stevensville, MD. Read more about the GermanWings crash.Speaker, Spotlight on Flight Crew Mental Health Issues Post-GermanWings, 2016 American Conference Institute: 8th Annual Forum on Defending and Managing Aviation Claims and Litigation, New York, NYSpeaker, Mock Mediation of Aircraft Accident Liability, 2015 International Bar Association Annual Conference: Aviation Law Committee, Vienna, Austria Speaker, The View From 36,000 Feet, 2015 Lawline Aviation Law Webcast: Aviation Litigation Speaker, The Complexity of International Aviation Litigation Against Multiple Tortfeasors: Do We Need a Single Forum?, 8th Annual McGill Conference on International Aviation Liability and Insurance 2015, Montreal, Canada Speaker, 2015 AViCON - Aviation Insurance Conference Speaker, 2014 International Air and Transportation Safety Bar Association (IATSBA) Conference, New York, NY Panelist, Pilot v. Cockpit: Where's the Fault in Aviation Losses?, 2014 Advisen Transforming Insurance Webinar Speaker, General Aviation Revitalization Act – Was Congress Right to Pass This Act?, 2014 American Bar Association: National Institute on Aviation Litigation, New York, NYSpeaker, Forum non Conveniens – How European Jurisdictions Handle American Dismissals, 2012 Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL) and McGill University Institute of Air & Space Law Conference, London, EnglandSpeaker, Landing in Court: Aviation Litigation 101, 2011 Rutgers Law School: Rutgers Admiralty, Aviation and Space Law Section, Newark, NJ Panelist, Landing in Court: The State of Modern Aviation Litigation, 2010 Rutgers Admiralty, Aviation, and Space Law Association Panelist, What Does the Future Hold for Aviation Litigators?, 19th Annual Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University: Aviation Law & Insurance Symposium 2008, Orlando, FL Speaker, Update on the 9/11 Litigation, 18th Annual Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University: Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium 2007, Orlando, FL Keynote Speaker, 9/11 Commission Report: Who is Really Responsible?, 2004 Annual National Air Disaster Alliance Foundation (NADA), Crystal City, VA
- New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, United States Court of Appeals for the Second and Sixth Circuits, United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of NY, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Military Academy, West Point, NY, B.S. - 1985 Honors: Distinguished Military Graduate
Last Updated: 6/3/2021