Top rated intellectual property attorney in New York, New YorkAmster Rothstein & Ebenstein LLP
Chester Rothstein is a partner at the Amster Rothstein & Ebenstein LLP located in New York, New York. He focuses his practice on matters involving copyright, trademark, design patent, unfair competition, false advertising, intellectual property rights and infringement claims.
A dedicated and diligent attorney with a passion to fight for his clients’ liberties, Mr. Rothstein uses his knowledge and skill for the benefit of his clients. He provides sound counsel in all aspects of their IP case, from naming, product design, manufacturing and marketing to identifying the strengths and minimizing competitor challenges.
Additionally, Mr. Rothstein counsels clients on how to protect their intellectual property portfolios. His clients include celebrities, restaurants, toymakers, shoemakers and many others. With over 30 years of experience defending clients' fundamental rights, he has helped them protect their products, brands and designs. He strives to protect his clients and prevent infringement disputes with competitors.
Graduating with a bachelor’s degree from Skidmore College, Mr. Rothstein earned his Juris Doctor from the Albany Law School of Union University. While in law school, he served as the editor of the Albany Law Review. He is admitted to practice in the state of New York and before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York.
Honored for his remarkable work in the legal field, Mr. Rothstein has received the highest peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, the AV Preeminent* rating, and has a “Good” rating on Avvo. He has also received many endorsements from his peers and testimonials from his satisfied clients.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasIntellectual property
Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual property law
- 100% Intellectual property
First Admitted: 1991, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.arelaw.com/professional/crothstein/
- Brief of Amici Curiae, in B & B Hardware, Inc. v. Hargis Industries, Inc., (U.S. October. 31, 2014)
- The Copyright Lawyer: The interplay between the U.S. and international copyright law: Why non-U.S. persons should consider registering in the U.S.A.
- Egyptian Goddess v. Swisa: Revising The Test - IP Law360, September 23, 2008
- Trademark Tacking A Factual Question For The Jury - Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice (2015) DOI
- Lanham Act constitutionality affirmed as six federal REDSKINS-based trademarks are cancelled - Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice (2015) DOI: First published online: November 27, 2015
- Supreme Court 2016-2017 IP Case Review
- Super Lawyers, NY Intellectual Property, 2020, 2021
- Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York
- New York, 1991
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York
Office location for Chester Rothstein
90 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022