Daniel LaTerra concentrates his practice in asbestos litigation and product liability. Mr. LaTerra has a track record of helping victims suffering from mesothelioma and other catastrophic injuries, obtain substantial compensation through verdicts and settlements. Mr. LaTerra represents victims in New Jersey and New York courts and he is responsible for handling all aspects of the litigation from client intake through trial. Since 2014, Mr. LaTerra has been selected as a New Jersey/New York Metro Rising Star by Thomson Reuters, an honor given to no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in New Jersey and New York.
Prior to joining the Lanier Law Firm, Mr. LaTerra was an associate at a New York law firm where he practiced asbestos litigation, with a focus on cosmetic talc. In 2017, he assisted the trial team in the first New Jersey case to proceed to trial against Johnson & Johnson for its asbestos-containing talc products that resulted in a jury verdict in the sum of $117 million.
Mr. LaTerra received his Juris Doctor from New York Law School where he graduated cum laude. During his attendance at law school, he was awarded the prestigious John Harlan Scholarship and Sony USA Corporation Scholarship for outstanding academic achievement. Following his graduation, Mr. LaTerra worked at a prominent New Jersey personal injury law firm where he represented clients in a wide variety of personal injury matters, including, medical malpractice, automobile negligence, premises liability and worker’s compensation, among others. During that time period, Mr. LaTerra represented hundreds of clients and handled trials, arbitrations, mediations and countless depositions.
Mr. LaTerra is admitted to the New Jersey, New York and District of Columbia. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court of New Jersey. He is a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the Bergen County Bar Association.
First Admitted: 2007, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.lanierlawfirm.com/attorney/daniel-laterra/
- Admission: New Jersey, 2007
- Admission: District of Columbia, 2008
- Admission: New York , 2008
- Admission: Connecticut, 2020
- New York Law School - Cum Laude, 2007
- LaTerra assisted the trial team in the first New Jersey case to proceed to trial against Johnson & Johnson for its asbestos-containing talc products that resulted in a jury verdict in the sum of $117 million, 2017
- New York Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Avvo Rating of 10.0 Superb as a Top Attorney in Personal Injury
- Cosmetic Talc
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2021