Daniel P. Blouin
Top Rated Insurance Coverage Attorney in New York, NY
Attorney Daniel P. Blouin is a shareholder with Simmons Hanly Conroy law firm in New York, New York. A lead trial attorney with the firm's Asbestos Litigation Department, Mr. Blouin has achieved remarkable success advocating on behalf of those who have suffered a serious illness due to asbestos exposure, and he provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across his region and throughout the country who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Insurance litigation
· Mesothelioma and asbestos
· Products liability
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Blouin has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients, including a landmark verdict of more than $190 million on behalf of a class of mesothelioma victims and a $60 million award for two cancer patients. He has also recovered $11 million for the widow of a wrongful death victim along with many other multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts.
From his efforts, Mr. Blouin has earned consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America along with perennial designation as a Top 40 Under 40 from The National Trial Lawyers. He has also received a Top Ten Under 40 ranking from the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, and he helped secure a Practice Group of the Year ranking in 2019 from Law360.
A 1999 graduate of Georgetown University, Mr. Blouin attended Brooklyn Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2004. He is admitted to practice in New York and Pennsylvania as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Mr. Blouin also has many publications to his credit, and he has conducted many lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics. He is also an active member of the New York State Bar Association and the American Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
About Daniel P. Blouin
First Admitted: 2005, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.simmonsfirm.com/about-us/our-attorneys/daniel-p-...
- “The Naked Truth About the So-Called ‘Bare Metal’ Defense: A Commentary,” HarrisMartin Asbestos, September 2016
- Dangerous Denial: Illogical Defense Bar Commentary Ignores Well-Established Science that Chrysotile Asbestos Kills, HarrisMartin Columns: Asbestos (August 2020)
- “Impossible to be Not Probable,” HarrisMartin Asbestos, December 2019
- , Best Lawyers, “Best Lawyers in America,” 2018-2021, in the area of Plaintiffs’ Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions
- , National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, “Top Ten Under 40”, 2014 & 2015
- , National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40”, 2014 & 2015
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania, 2016
- U.S. District Court (NY Eastern & Southern)
- New York, 2005
- New York Bar Association
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1999
Last Updated: 3/24/2022