Daniel T. Leav
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in New York, New YorkLeav & Steinberg, L.L.P.
During the past ten years of practice attorney Daniel Leav has secured verdicts and settlements in excess of $100 million dollars for his clients. An experienced trial attorney, Mr. Leav represents clients in their cases involving premises liability, transportation accidents, medical malpractice, automobile and truck accidents, negligence of organization, products liability, construction accidents, wrongful death and general negligence. He is a well-known and respected member of the trial bar who is often asked to act as trial counsel for other attorneys.
He is an active member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, New York Bar Association, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the American Association for Justice, Mr. Leav is admitted to practice in New York and in the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York's federal courts. He has lectured at Beth Israel Hospital on issues involving traumatic brain injuries and is a past contributor to the Brain Injury Society newsletter. He has appeared as a guest lecturer discussing trial advocacy techniques at Benjamin Cardozo Law School. He has also appeared as a guest commentator on Fox Television, CBS News, and is frequently quoted in the New York Daily News, and the New York Post. Mr. Leav is a founding member of Leav & Steinberg, L.L.P.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Dram Shop Laws, Informed Consent, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 80% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1993, New York
Professional Webpage: https://nyaccidentlawyer.com/attorneys/daniel-t-leav/
- $875,000 Verdict For 14 Year Who Fell On Sidewalk
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
- Lafayette College, B.A.
- Lecturer, Traumatic Brain Injuries, Beth Israel Hospital and has contributed to the Brain Injury Society Newsletter
- Guest lecturer at Benjamin Cardozo Law School concerning Trail Advocacy, Guest Lecturer, 2016
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Member, New York Bar Association
- New York, 1993
- Member, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, American Association of Justice
- $750,000 arbitration award for pedestrian hit by car, 2018
- $1.2 million settlement for woman who fell from a misleveled elevator, 2018
- $1.1 million settlement of medical malpractice case involving colo-rectal surgery, 2018
- $8.3 million settlement regarding a crane collapse in Manhattan, 2018
- $212,000 verdict to auto accident victim in soft-impcat accident, 2018
- $1.55 Million Settlement Obtained On Behalf Of A 42-Year-Old Man Who Underwent Lasik Surgery And Was Post-Operatively Prescribed A Contraindicated Drug Which Caused Severe Eye Injuries
- $1.7 Million Verdict For A 50-Year-Old Construction Worker Who Injured His Spine In An Automobile Accident
- $2.8 million settlement on behalf of a Staten Island construction worker struck in the rear in a low speed automobile accident., 2013
- $1.8 million verdict for warehouse worker who suffered bi-lateral leg fractures., 2015
- $1.75 Million Settlement In United States District Court, Eastern District Of New York For A 30-Year-Old Assembly Plant Worker Struck By A Truck While Riding His Motorcycle Plaintiff Suffered A Spinal Injury Requiring Complex Surgery
- $7 Million Settlement Obtained For A Young Woman Who Was Severely Injured During The Delivery Of Her First Child When She Was Improperly Given Anesthesia Resulting In Severe Brain Injuries
- $1.225 Million Settlement Obtained For A 45-Year-Old Administrative Assistant Who Was Injured When She Was Struck By A Car
- $1.2 million verdict on behalf of a bicyclist struck by truck suffering severe injuries to his knees.
- $1.1 million verdict for man who suffered multiple arm fractures in a fall., 2015
- $2.9 Million Settlement For Man Who Suffered Sever Spinal Injury Falling From Steps
- $1.5 Million Verdict For A Woman Who Was Trapped Between A City Subway Car And The Platform Sustaining Serious Leg Injuries
- $1.45 Million Settlement For A Construction Worker Who Severely Injured His Arm When He Fell From A Ladder And A Worksite
- $3 million settlement at trial on behalf of a young girl struck by a municipal vehicle suffering severe de-gloving injuries to her leg., 2012
- $1.2 million verdict on behalf of a bicyclist struck by a truck., 2012
- $3.6 million settlement on behalf of worker who had a staircase collapse beneath him - 2016.
- $3.5 Million Verdict For A Passenger Injured While Descending A City Bus
- Amercian Bar Assocaition
- American Association For Justice
- New York City Bar Association (LRS Top-tier Personal Injury Rating)
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers
Office location for Daniel T. Leav
75 Broad St
New York, NY 10004
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023