Top rated personal injury attorney in New York, New YorkLaRock & Perez, LLP
Attorney Dario Perez is a partner at the well-known New York City law firm of LaRock & Perez, LLP. As a founding member of the firm, Mr. Perez has focused his legal practice on representing the interests of victims of negligence who have suffered personal injuries, including catastrophic injury, motor vehicle accidents, construction and workplace accidents, wrongful death, and medical malpractice cases. In addition, he also assists both individuals and business clients with all aspects of real estate law.
Mr. Perez began practicing law in 1990 after earning his law degree from New York Law School and his approval to practice in New York state. After admission to the bar, Mr. Perez immediately focused on personal injury law, giving him 25 years of experience in the practice area.
Over the course of his career, attorney Perez has obtained numerous settlements and verdicts for clients that were in excess of $1 million. These successes have earned him lifetime membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The membership in this prestigious association is limited to attorneys who have secured settlements or verdicts in excess of $2 million. However, Mr. Perez's honors do not stop there. He holds a "Very Good" rating from Avvo, and his peers elected him to the American Board of Trial Advocates in 2006.
Dario, who speaks Spanish fluently, is very active in the legal community and in his local community. He hosts a talk show that airs on several New York City-area stations. In addition, he is a member of a number of legal organizations, including the Puerto Rican Bar Association and the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Toxic mold, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1990, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.injurynyc.com/profiles/dperez.php
- Board of Directors, New York State Trial Lawyers
- State of New York
- United States Federal Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Federal Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Member, Puerto Rican Bar Association
- Member, Kings County Bar Association
- Member, Bronx County Bar Association
- Member, Queens County Bar Association
- Member, New York County Bar Association
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, cum laude - University of North Carolina, 1986
- Elected by peers to the American Board of Trial Advocates based on jury verdicts obtained., Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2006
- Co-hosted an informational legal talk segment on Spanish talk radio (WADO) and television (Telemundo), 2014
- Verdict for $4,050,000.00 in Supreme Kings of a 45 year old painter who's ladder failed, causing him to fall from a 10 to 12 foot height. He complained to the ambulance attendants of lower back pain and left knee leg pain. He was taken to Jacobi Medical Center and was treated for possible fracture to the left knee. No treatement was rendered to his lower back. Three days later he was treated at Kings County Medical Center for low back and neck pain. He then began treating at a physical therapy facility over a period of time and had diagnostic testing performed of MRIs of the lower back & neck, which confirmed a herniated disc at the L5-S1 disc level directly impinging on the S1 nerve root, as well as L4-L5 disc bulge and L3-L4 herniation. Three different EMGs confirmed the S1 nerve root impingement. The plaintiff underwent an L4-L5 & L5-S1 Discectomy with Nucleous Pulposus Ablation, as well as several rounds of epidural injections without any significant improvement. The plaintiff then underwent a decompressive lumbar laminectomy, disckectomy and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion of the L5-S1 disc level. The plaintiff remained totally disabled from the date of the accident to the present and was deprived of returning to his vocation as a painter where he earned $500.00 per week. The jury awarded: (1) $500,000.00 for past lost earnings; (2) $170,000.00 for past medical expenses; (3) $1,000,000.00 for future medical expenses; (4) $300,000.00 for past pain & suffering; (5) $1,300,000.00; & (6) $780,000 future lost earnings, 2016
- Settlement for $2,500,000.00 of a 24 year old laborer who was unloading glass panel doors from a flatbed truck at a construction worksite in Suffolk County and the panel doors fell on top of the laborer causing fractures to his ankles and legs., 2022
- Case settled for $1,500,000.00 in Supreme New York of a 56 year old painter who's A frame ladder failed and he fell approximately 8 feet down to the ground, fracturing his right wrist, injuring his left knee, ruptured quadricips and lower back. He had arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus and surgery for the ruptured quadricep. Plaintiff was unable to return to work as a painter where he was earning $500.00 per week., 2016
- Settled case for $2,500,000.00 of a 54 year old undocumented painter who was walking at his work site when a cast iron pipe was dropped on his head by electricians working in another area of plaintiff's work site. He suffered a laceration to his head, as well as neck and lower back injuries. The lower back injury resulted in an aggravation of an underlying L4-L5 & L5-S1 degenerative disc disease and stenosis which was dormant at the time of the accident and which resulted in the need for a two level spinal fusion with grafting and instrumentation. The plaintiff was never able to return to work, where he was earning $750.00 per week at the time of the accident., 2016
- Settlement of $550,000.00 of a 50 year old Bronx woman who was a passenger in a motor vehicle operated by her cousin when another vehicle which had pulled over to the right shoulder of the road and was stopped, suddenly and without warning made a left turn as plaintiff's vehicle was passing it on the left. The plaintiff was taken by ambulance to Jacobi Medical Center where she complainted of left knee & shoulder pain, as well as lower back & neck pain. Plaintiff underwent a left shoulder arthroscopy, as well as left knee arthroscopy. At the time of the accident, plaintiff was on social security disability as a result of being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and she used a walker to ambulate. The plaintiff also had a prior accident 10 years prior to this accident where she injured her neck and her back., 2017
- Settled case for $330,000.00 of 59 year old male who was struck by a forklift at the Hunts Point Market in the Bronx. There was no EMS or Emergency Room Hospital treatment on the day of the accident. A few days later plaintiff developed right shoulder, neck and back pain which resulted in an impingement syndrome which required atrhroscopic surgery consisting of debridement of a partially torn rotator cuff. The plaintiff did not lose any time from work as a buyer. Case was venued in Supreme Bronx. Settled case during trial for $400,000.00 of a 49 year old hispanic female hairdresser who slipped and fell on a liquid condition in the interior staircase of the building she was a tenant in as she was walking down the staircase. The plaintiff served as the notice witness to the dangerous condition as she had observed it on two occasions earlier that day when she went downstairs to the bodega to buy some milk. The plaintiff complained of immediate left shoulder, neck and lower back pain and was taken to the St. Barnabas Emergency Room by ambulance where she was treated and released. Thereafter she began treating at a physical therapy clinic and underwent shoulder decompression arthroscopic surgery for a left shoulder impingement. Four years after the accident she underwent a decompressive laminotomy and laminectomy for a degenerative Anterolisthesis at the L5-S1. There was no claim for lost earnings as plaintiff was on disability at the time of the accident. Case was venued in Supreme Bronx. Settled case after jury selection for $400,000.00 of a 60 year old woman who was a front seat passenger in her friends car when a tractor trailer pulled out of a parked position as the motor vehicle was passing the tractor on the driver's side of the tractor. Plaintiff was taken by ambulance to Elmhurst Hospital where she complained of right shoulder, neck and lower back pain. She then received treatment at a physical therapy clinic and underwent right shoulder arthroscopic surgery for rotator cuff tendinitis. Plaintiff had been injured in a prior motor vehicle accident, as well as a subsequent accident where she reinjured the same body parts claimed in this accident. Case was venued in Supreme Kings. Settled case during jury selection for $162,000.00 of a retired 58 year old woman United Nations worker who suffered a right hand injury when the elevator doors of the elevator in her residential building, suddenly closed on her hand while she was attempting to pull her dog out of harms way with the leash which was in her right hand. The accident occurred as a result of a faulty elevator door limit switch which the building owner and elevator maintenance company had previously been aware of. Plaintiff underwent surgery to her right small "pinky" finger for repair of a fractured proximal phalanx. There were no loss of earnings. Case was venued in Supreme New York., 2014
- Settled case of a 40 year old construction worker who was struck in the head by a piece of metal that fell from a height causing the worker to have a bulging disc disc at the L4-L5 disc level which required a laminectomy for $3 Million Dollars. Case was venued in Bronx County. Settled case of a 45 year old laborer who suffered an above the knee amputation as a result of a back hoe coming into contact while the laborer was removing debris from the job site, for 7.3 Million Dollars. Case was venued in Queens County., 2013
Office location for Dario Perez
New York, NY 10004-3865
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022