Darren P.B. Rumack
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014 - 2021
Darren P.B. Rumack is a highly regarded labor and employment lawyer in New York City. A partner at The Klein Law Group, P.C., he provides representation to employees in a variety of matters, including wage and hour violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act, sexual harassment and unlawful workplace discrimination. Mr. Rumack has extensive experience in both single plaintiff and class action litigation involving Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other federal and state statutes. He draws on his previous tenure as an associate with a New York City law firm that represented employers, as he is able to anticipate the types of strategies defense counsel will utilize.
Mr. Rumack has an employer-side practice as well. He provides defense litigation representation to companies that are being sued in cases arising under federal or state wage and hour laws, and he has assisted clients who are being audited by the New York State Department of Labor.
Mr. Rumack is a graduate of the New York State School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University, where he received a Bachelor of Science in 2004. He pursued his legal education at Vanderbilt University Law School and obtained his Juris Doctor in 2007. While there, Mr. Rumack served an internship with the office of the Federal Public Defender for the Middle District of Tennessee. Admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey and the District of Columbia, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. Mr. Rumack is a member of the Hospitality Law Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
- 80%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Employment Discrimination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer, Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Sexual Harassment
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2021
About Darren P.B. Rumack
First Admitted: 2008
Professional Webpage: https://www.thekleinlawgroup.com/attorney/darren-p-rumack/
- NYC Bar Associations Restaurants and Hospitality Committee, Member
- "Interplay of Workers' Compensation Cases and Third Party Lawsuits", New York Employee Advocate, Volume 17, No. 2, October 2014
- -, Speaker, New York City Bar Association's Employment Law Institute
- Taught, Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury, Wages & Hours, and Social Security Disability Law for Continuing Visions: Continuing Education For The Funeral Profession
Last Updated: 5/15/2022