David A. Kaminsky
Top rated Real Estate attorney in New York, New YorkDavid A. Kaminsky & Associates, P.C.
Principal at David A. Kaminsky & Associates, P.C., David A. Kaminsky represents clients in real estate matters in the New York, New York, metropolitan area. These include real estate transactions, real estate litigation and real estate counsel. With over four decades of experience, he has a reputation as an intelligent, well-spoken, experienced attorney who can handle cases of all sizes in both state and federal courts.
Admitted to practice in the state of New York, Mr. Kaminsky is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the New York State Bar 1st Department. After earning a Bachelor of Arts in political science from New York University, he then attended Brooklyn Law School and graduated in 1983 with a Juris Doctor. While in law school, he was in the honor society.
Mr. Kaminsky’s transaction practice areas extend to the following matters: bankruptcy, purchases in foreclosure, construction loans, cooperative and condominium apartments, single-family homes, large commercial properties and multifamily properties. Within his real estate counsel and litigation section, he handles residential and commercial landlord-tenant litigation, commercial leasing, construction litigation, loft law litigation, landlord liability claims and real estate transactions.
A court-appointed fiduciary, Mr. Kaminsky is also a current adjunct professor at New York University. Certified by the state of New York as a real estate instructor, he is also a licensed real estate broker. His volunteer service includes providing the House Clinic Program with free tenant consultations and the New York City Bar Legal Referral Service with free consultations.
Practice areasReal Estate: Business, Real Estate: Consumer, General Litigation
Condominiums & Cooperatives, Landlord/Tenant, Litigation, Mortgage & Refinance, Short Sale
- 40% Real Estate: Business
- 50% Real Estate: Consumer
- 10% General Litigation
First Admitted: 1984, New York
- New York University, B.A., 1980
- N.Y. to the 1st Dept. 1984
- United States Supreme Court, 1994
- Southern & Eastern Federal District Courts, 1984
- I am an adjunct professor at New York University, 2014
- I am a certified court appointed fiduciary, 2012
- I am a licensed real estate broker in the State of New York, 1984
- I am a certified real estate instructor by the State of New York, 2010
- Received Certificate of Appreciation because I assisted in providing information and detail that helped obtain a grant to my client for money that had been stolen by another attorney, Certificate of Appreciation, Lawyer's Fund for Client Protection, 2018
- I successfully represented a client at trial and subsequent appeal in a claim for specific performance of a Brooklyn townhouse, 2019
- I successfully represented homeowners in mortgage foreclosure cases to settle lender's claims and restructure and reduce the debt, 2020
- I successfully defended a coop owner in a claim for indemnification by the coop board seeking indemnification of a contractor's severe personal injury, 2020
- We successfully defended a claim against the title of a client's condominium which the title company refused to cover, 2020
- Free consultations for the New York City Bar Legal Referral Service, 2020
- I volunteer for City Council Speaker Corey Johnson's free tenant consultations for his Housing Clinic Program, 2020
Office location for David A. Kaminsky
New York, NY 10007
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023