David Alan Miller
Top rated securities & corporate finance attorney in New York, New YorkGraubard Miller
Practice Areas: Securities & corporate finance, Mergers & acquisitions, Business & corporate
Licensed in New York since: 1981
Education: New York University School of Law
Graubard MillerThe Chrysler Building
405 Lexington Avenue, 44th Floor
New York, NY 10174 Phone: 212-818-8661 Email: David Alan Miller Visit website
David Alan Miller is the managing partner of Graubard Miller and head of its Corporate and Securities Department. Mr. Miller has a wide-ranging practice that includes representing domestic and international clients, including many broker-dealers, in a variety of corporate transactions such as public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, mergers and acquisitions, and restructurings. Mr. Miller was one of the creators of the financial product called SPAC, or Specified Purpose Acquisition Company, in 1993. As a result, Graubard Miller has handled more than twice the number of SPAC IPOs and SPAC business combinations handled by any other law firm in the world.
First Admitted: 1981, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.graubard.com/attorney/miller-david-alan/
- See the Summary Statement, above. As a result of being one of the inventors of the "SPAC" or "Specified Purpose Acquisition Comapny" way back in 1993, Graubard Miller has handled substantially more SPAC IPOs and business combinations than any other law firm in the world. Our unparalled SPAC expertise grew again in 2018, during which we represented either the issuer or the underwriter in fifteen of the 44 SPAC IPOs which were consummated (through December 13, 2018), or more than one third of the deals done. During that time, we represented the underwriter side on more SPAC IPOs than any other law firm. We were also first in this category in 2017. We are extremely proud of the fact that SPACs (our "baby") has become an asset class in and of itself and outstrips any other Industrial Classification in the IPO marketplace.
- For the year ended December 31, 2015, Graubard Miller was tied for sixth based on the number of consummated IPOs in which a U.S. firm acted as counsel for the issuer. We were also tied for tenth based on the number of consummated IPOs in which a U.S. law firm acted as counsel for either the issuer or the underwriter. During the ten-year period from January 1, 2004 through December 31, 2013, I was ranked first in the nation in the individual lawyer category of supervising representation of issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings. This is based on the number of IPOs handled., IPO Vital Signs
- I am quoted regularly in The Deal, the SPAC Report and the Wall Street Journal regarding SPAC IPOs and business combinations.
- Authored a published article entitled, "Delisting/Deregistration of Securities under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.", Insights--The Corporate & Securities Law Advisor, 2003
- Authored an article entitled, "SPACS: Rebuit and here to Stay?", published by Financier Worldwide in December 2010.
- Member of the American Bar Association, Business Law Section. Member of its Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities and its Subcommittees on Market Regulation and 1933 Act - General.Member of the New York County Lawyers Association and its Committee on Securities and Exchanges.
- Graduated with an M.S. from the W. Averell Harriman School of Urban and Policy Sciences. Was awarded a Graduate Council Fellowship., 1977
- Graduated Phi Beta Kappa from State University of Stony Brook with a B.S. in Economics., 1975
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023