David E. Robbins
Top rated securities & corporate finance attorney in New York, New YorkKaufmann Gildin & Robbins LLP
A former special deputy attorney general of New York, David E. Robbins is a partner at Kaufmann Gildin & Robbins LLP. He represents clients in Manhattan and New York City, New York, in cases of securities and corporate finance. This includes securities regulation, securities fraud and insider trading, state and local agencies, employment contract matters, mediation, arbitration, and regulatory enforcement.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts and graduating magna cum laude from Syracuse University in 1971, Mr. Robbins then attended Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, where the Community Legal Services of Philadelphia gave him the Award for Meritorious Service, and he earned a Juris Doctor. He is admitted to practice in New York, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. He spent five years as the compliance department director at the American Stock Exchange.
In 2003, Mr. Robbins was given the Lifetime Achievement Award for Protection of Investor Rights, the Golden Bow Tie Award, from the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, Mr. Robbins holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
A former co-chair of the New York State Bar Association, Mr. Robbins is a current member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the American Arbitration Association and the New York County Lawyers Association’s Securities and Exchange Committee. Mr. Robbins is also on the board of editors for the Securities Arbitration Commentator and a member of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasSecurities & corporate finance, Alternative dispute resolution, Employee benefits
- 40% Securities & corporate finance
- 30% Alternative dispute resolution
- 30% Employee benefits
First Admitted: 1975, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.kaufmanngildin.com/Attorneys/David-E-Robbins.sht...
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, Member
- Securities Arbitration Commentator, Board of Editors, 1997 - Present
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1975
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1975
- New York, 1975
- New York City Bar Association, Arbitration Committee, 1998 - Present
- New York State Bar Association Program, Co-Chair, 2012
- FINRA Dispute Resolution's National Arbitration and Mediation Committee, Member
- Compliance and Legal Division of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), Member, 2007 - Present
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA), Member, 1991 - Present
- New York County Lawyers' Association, Securities and Exchange Committee, 1985 - Present
- American Arbitration Association (AAA), Arbitrator and Mediator, 1985 - Present
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Arbitrator and Mediator, 1985 - Present
- Practicing Law Institute (PLI), Chair of Annual Securities Arbitration and Mediation Program, 1986 - 2009
- Securities Arbitration Procedure Manual, Matthew Bender, Lexis Publishing, December, 2012, Author
- Practice Commentaries to McKinney's Consolidated Laws of New York, in Article 23-A, General Business Law
- Director, Compliance Department, American Stock Exchange, 1980 - 1985
- Syracuse University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1971
- Golden Bow Tie Award, Public Investor Arbitration Bar Association - Lifetime Achievement Award for Protection of Investor Rights, 2003
- Highest Peer Review Rating (AV) from Martindale-Hubbell
Office location for David E. Robbins
767 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2017, 2020 - 2022