David H. Perecman
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in New York, New YorkThe Perecman Firm, PLLC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Workers' Compensation; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1979
Education: Brooklyn Law School
The Perecman Firm, PLLC250 W. 57th Street
New York, NY 10107 Visit website
David H. Perecman is an award-winning New York City trial lawyer recognized nationally for his work in serious personal injury and construction accident cases.
As Founder of The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., Mr. Perecman has spent over 40 years guiding clients through civil legal proceedings involving premises accidents, workplace injuries, auto accidents, medical malpractice, and wrongful death. As one of the region’s most experienced construction accident attorneys, he has secured notable results that have helped shape New York Labor Law, and has had cases published in the New York Law Journal’s Top Verdicts & Settlements list each year since 2005, including a $15 million, $10 million, and two $9 million verdicts – all for construction workers.
Mr. Perecman’s passion for helping victims and families during difficult times has been a driving force behind his successful career. He has been named to the prestigious New York Super Lawyers list every year since 2007, The Best Lawyers in America list since 2008, and The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and has led his firm in recovering over half a billion dollars for clients since 1983.
In addition to helping clients fight for justice and compensation, Mr. Perecman is also deeply committed to his community. He has lectured and published numerous articles on workplace safety and construction accidents, and has supported local labor unions and non-profits in a number of charitable and legislative efforts. In 2014, after representing the family of a 13-year-old autistic boy who was found dead after wandering away from his New York City public school, Mr. Perecman established the Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship for Autism, which provides financial support to students living with autism or a loved one who has autism.
Mr. Perecman serves on the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee for the New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA), an organization for which he previously served as Chair of the Labor Law Committee, treasurer, and secretary.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 80% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 1979, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.perecman.com/our-attorneys/david-perecman/
- , Best Lawyers in America©, 2008-2021
- , Super Lawyers Top 100 New York - Metro 2019
- , Super Lawyers®, 2007-2019
- , The National Trial Lawyers
- , New York Law Journal's "Top Verdicts in New York"
- , Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- , Avvo 10.0 Rating
- $40 Million Structured settlement payout for birth injury to infant.$15.2 Million Verdict for worker who fell from ladder. (Final settlement for $7.994 Million)$11.8 Million Verdict for Laborer who fell from suspension scaffold. (Case settled pursuant to stipulated amount of $5 Million)$10 Million Verdict for Laborer who suffered severe injuries from 7-story fall when scaffold ropes failed.$9.9 Million Settlement for laborer who fell from rolling scaffold.$9.8 Million Verdict for worker who had multiple injuries due to scaffold collapse. (Final Settlement for $4.5 Million)$9.36 Million Verdict for mason worker who fell from side of building. (Final Settlement for $6.4 Million) $7.96 Million Verdict for ankle injuries to dockbuilder due to improper crane operation.(Settled after trial for $7.25 Million)$6 Million Settlement for crane operator who fell from ladder. $5.5 Million Verdict for woman who sustained serious injuries in collision with truck. (Final settlement for $3.5 Million) *ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Executive Committee and Board of Directors - Present
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Construction Accident Law, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- The State University of New York, Albany, New York, United States of America, 1975
Office location for David H. Perecman
250 W. 57th Street
New York, NY 10107
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023
Top ListsTop 100: New York — Metro Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
Additional sources of information about David H. Perecman
See legal Q & A provided by David H. Perecman
Q: How is liability determined in a construction accident in New York?A: While construction is a notably risk-prone industry, New York has several laws in place to help protect injured construction workers. These three … See all answers by David Perecman
Find me online
- Do you think bicyclists should have to follow the same rules of the road as motorized vehicles? Here’s what all NY… https://t.co/mRmkHMkJ9z
- Last week, we asked if you knew what rights construction workers have under Labor Law 240. Construction workers wh… https://t.co/7knzug6ige
- Do you know what rights construction workers have under Labor Law 240? Share what you know below! https://t.co/GmVKxQC1Ip