Top rated workers' compensation attorney in New York, New YorkThe Klein Law Group, P.C.
Practice Areas: Workers' compensation, Employment & labor, Personal injury; view more
Licensed in New York since: 2005
Education: New York Law School
The Klein Law Group, P.C.39 Broadway
New York, NY 10006 Visit website
David Klein of The Klein Law Group, P.C., has decades of experience in protecting the rights and interests of the injured. His father was a pioneer in the field of workers’ compensation, and Mr. Klein took his first legal apprenticeship at the age of 15. Since an early age, he has had a fierce dedication to justice, and he now serves clients in Long Island, Westchester County and throughout the New York metro area in cases pertaining to the following practice areas:
- Worker's compensation - injured workers
- Personal injury
- Social Security
- Workers’ compensation - employer penalties
After graduating from New York Law School in 2004 and receiving admittance to the New York State Bar Association in 2005, Mr. Klein has vigorously pursued positive results for his clients. Before that, he represented injured workers beginning in 1984 as a New York State Workers' Compensation Licensed Representative. He recognizes the legal, physical and administrative challenges facing people harmed in accidents, those who were hurt at work or individuals who are currently unable to work due to a disabling mental or physical condition. He provides aggressive and experienced representation for those who are suffering.
Recognized for his commitment to the injured worker, Mr. Klein has facilitated workshops for unions and teamsters and has taught classes for various organizations committed to worker safety and rights. Additionally, he authored a myriad of articles, and is a popular choice for interviews in several magazines and publications, including LaborPress and the State Bar News.
Mr. Klein is gratified to offer support to New York Tlan, and to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Mr. Klein demonstrates his commitment to justice for the injured, and improving the lives of New York workers by providing materials for ESL classes for Spanish-speaking men and women and other nonprofit organizations throughout the country. He also provides pro bono services for Workplace Project. As a result of his efforts and dedication, he has received various recognitions, including a certificate of recognition from the Latino Laborers Cultural Association. He is proud to be a sponsor of the Career Building Awards Gala for that great New York organization Chinese Manpower (CMP). He has also been honored by the New York Committee for Occupational Safety and Health.
Practice areasWorkers' compensation: claimant, Employment & labor: employer, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Social security disability, Workers' compensation: employer/insurance
Employment law - employee, Unions, Wage & hour laws, Sexual harassment, Labor law, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 60% Workers' compensation: claimant
- 10% Employment & labor: employer
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Social security disability
- 10% Workers' compensation: employer/insurance
First Admitted: 2005
Professional Webpage: https://www.thekleinlawgroup.com/attorney/david-klein/
- Video Lecture: Workers Compensation & Personal Injury - Radio Jornalera - Nov 2021
- Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury, Wages & Hours, and Social Security Disability Law for Continuing Visions: Continuing Education For The Funeral Profession
- Workers' compensation and personal injury law, and how to protect your rights.
- La Colmena - Staten Island, Teacher
- El Centro Del Inmigrante, Teacher
- The National Day Laborers Network, Teacher
- The Workers' Justice Project, Teacher
- Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association, Teacher
- New York City & Vicinity Carpenters Latino Association, Teacher
- Chinese Community Center in Manhattan, Teacher
- Flushing Workers Center and Chinese Staff & Workers Association, Teacher
- Obreros Unidos De Yonkers Y Caridades Catolicas, Teacher
- The Latin American Workers Project, Teacher
- Parents in Action and the Workers Education Resource Center acting in collaboration with the New York City Comptroller's Bureau of Labor Law, Teacher
- Mexican Consulate, Teacher
- Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan, Teacher
- Lincoln Hospital, Bronx, Teacher
- New York - Presbyterian Hospital in Washington Heights, Manhattan, Teacher
- David Klein created and distributes without charge as a community service, "English for Day Laborers and Construction Workers," a publication especially designed for ESL classes. Non-profit organizations who have requested a supply of the book include the Nani Migrante Transnational Project, El Sol, The Underground Construction Company, and The Center for Immigrant Education of Louisiana., Co-Author, English for Day Laborers and Construction Workers
- Honored by the New York Committee for Occupational Safety and Health
- La Colmena and Nani Migrante, Certificate of Appreciation
- Super Lawyer, 2014
- As Published in The New York Times, "Top Attorneys In Metro New York Rising Stars, Selected By Peer Recognition And Professional Achievement.", Top Attoreys In Metro New York Rising Stars, As Published in The New York Times, 2015
- Fundación Tapori Quito - Federación de Instituciones de Pichincha, Certificate of Appreciation
- Super Lawyer, 2015
- Top Lawyer on the 2018 Global Who’s Who list
- Latino Laborers Culture Association Local 79, Certificates of Appreciation
- The World Trade Center Medical Monitoring Program Clinical Center at Mount Sinai, Certificate of Appreciation
- The WILG ("Lighting The Way For The Rights Of Injured Workers") has recognized David S. Klein "As one of The Nation's Top Injured Workers' Attorneys.", One of The Nation's Top Injured Workers' Attorneys, WILG, 2017
- The Workplace Project
- New York, 2005
- WORKERS' COMPENSATION WIDOW'S BENEFITS IN A HIGHLY UNUSUAL CASE In 1999 I won lifetime benefits for a dye and ink mixer named Jimmy Blackwell (not his real name) who had hurt his back in 1993. In 2017, Jimmy's wife visited me to report that he had died of pulmonary fibrosis. Jimmy hadn't worked in many decades, so I advised his wife that it would be a long-shot, at best, to relate his pulmonary fibrosis to his occupational exposure as an ink mixer decades earlier for the purpose of winning benefits for her. Nevertheless, I took on the case, warning Mrs. Blackwell that it would take years for a decision. I then began to look for expert witnesses in the ink trade, and medical experts. I'm thrilled to report that merely a year later, Mrs. Blackwell has won her case and will be entitled to weekly workers' compensation widow's benefits. , 2018
- ONE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR UNION LABORER Three years ago, Tom Dooley (not his real name) had his life turned upside-down when he fell from a ladder, suffering multiple painful and debilitating injuries. A fellow union member happened to be one of my satisfied clients, and told Tom to call me at once. I immediately took action to protect Tom’s rights, winning him workers’ compensation benefits and medical treatment with a value of more than $150,000.00. I also won him Social Security Disability benefits. But I wasn’t finished fighting for Tom. Working with one of New York’s top personal injury firms, I was able to settle Tom’s personal injury and workers’ compensation cases for more than ONE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS. Now Tom and his family can truly begin to heal, and begin a new, and better, life. Nothing makes me prouder than to do my part for justice for New York’s working men and women.
- My first novel, THE MONEY, was published by Black Rose Writing on February 25th, 2021. Reviews have compared it favorably to the work of James Patterson, Raymond Chandler, Rex Stout, the film Chinatown, and to "an exceptionally good season of Better Call Saul." www.davidshawnklein.com., 2021
- During the COVID lockdown I was honored to be invited to teach live Facebook and Zoom classes in basic workers' compensation and personal injury law to some of the city's outstanding workers' outreach and day laborer centers, and for one of its largest unions.
Office location for David Klein
New York, NY 10006
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2015
Additional sources of information about David Klein
See legal Q & A provided by David Klein
Q: Should I Sue My Employer After An Injury In New York?A: Can I Sue My Employer After An Injury In New York?After a workplace injury, most employees are limited to compensation available through the … See all answers by David Klein