David M. Godosky
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New York, NY
David M. Godosky is an attorney at Godosky & Gentile, P.C., in New York, New York. Mr. Godosky devotes his practice to personal injury law and serves clients throughout the New York metropolitan area. He represents plaintiffs in cases involving aviation accidents, birth injury, brain injury, construction accidents, medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, trucking accidents and wrongful death. He also handles matters involving civil rights and police misconduct.
Mr. Godosky earned a bachelor’s degree from Hamilton College and attained his law degree from Cornell Law School. He has been licensed to practice law since 1993 and is admitted before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the Supreme Court of the United States. Before beginning his personal injury practice, he served as a prosecutor and a judge.
Mr. Godosky has earned the highest rating of AV Preeminent* by the peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell and has been listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America.” He has also been mentioned in the New York Law Journal, the National Law Journal and New York magazine.
Mr. Godosky is actively involved in the legal community. He is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the New York City Trial Lawyers Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the New York State Bar Association. He also belongs to the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and sits on the board of directors of the New York City Trial Lawyers Alliance.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Rights
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Police Misconduct
- Super Lawyers: 2008, 2012 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About David M. Godosky
First Admitted: 1993, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.godoskygentile.com/Attorneys/David-M-Godosky.sht...
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- President, New York City Trial Lawyers Alliance, 2020
- New York, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1996
- Association of Trial Lawyers of the City of New York, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyer's Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1996
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in New York Magazine and Super Lawyers as one of the top lawyers in New York
- New York Law Journal as a “Top Ten” settlement ($7 million in Labatto v. Genting)
- Highest rating (AV®) from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- “Top Ten” verdicts in New York State by the National Law Journal (Sims v. City of New York)
- Hamilton College, Clinton, New York, B.A., 1988
- Verdict for $25.2 Million Dollars - Sims v. City of New York. Excessive force, Civil Rights, Police Shooting. Supreme Court, Kings County, 2015
- Sexual harassment victims often face termination, retaliation #law #lawfirm #injury #legal #Lawyer #lawsuit… https://t.co/nmLREbjR7X
- After suffering from a blow to the head during a #carcrash, chances are high that you will also suffer from some fo… https://t.co/SwwEIuJlIm
- Understanding different types of #car #insurance Learn more here: https://t.co/RPHM3COtFh https://t.co/soQKSAf3z4
- $2,890,000 Settlement for medical malpractice resulting in a man being paralyzed in his lower extremities where ne… https://t.co/ChV2QyejRH
- According to reporting from the Family Handyman, table saws, circular saws, utility knives and nail guns are respon… https://t.co/Iv0u5FhO8w
Last Updated: 5/15/2022