Top rated business & corporate attorney in New York, New YorkRomano Law PLLC
Domenic Romano is the Managing Partner of Romano Law PLLC.
Focusing primarily on Business Law, Employment Law, Entertainment Law and Dispute Resolution (Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation), Romano Law serves individual and commercial clients throughout New York City and internationally.
Mr. Romano takes pride in developing meaningful business relationships with his clients. His firm’s mission is to deliver cost-effective, efficient solutions to help you or your company thrive.
Recognized as a leader in his field, Mr. Romano has appeared often as a legal commentator on numerous television networks such as NBC, CBS, CNN, CNBC, Fox Business News and Bloomberg TV, offering in-depth commentary on a variety of legal issues involving business, sports and entertainment. In addition, he has also led Continuing Legal Education seminars for other lawyers.
Mr. Romano is trilingual (English, Italian and French). He earned both a B.A. and M.A. (History and Political Science) from McGill University, Montreal (1988). In 1991, he obtained his Juris Doctor from Oxford University in England. Mr. Romano received his LL.M. in international business from Columbia Law School (1992) and earned his LL.B. from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University in Canada.
In 1993, Mr. Romano was admitted to practice law in New York State. He became a member of the Law Society of Ontario in 1996.
Mr. Romano is a member of the New York City Bar Association and the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (TV Academy). He is an Emmy voter. He is also a member of the Brooklyn Bar Association, as well as the Business Law and the Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Sections of the New York State Bar Association. Mr. Romano hosts the Business Lawyers Group, the Entertainment Lawyers Group, the Managing Partners Group in New York City.
He is active in the Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO), the world’s largest peer-to-peer network of entrepreneurs. He has previously served as Membership Chair, Accelerator Chair and is currently Forum Chair for the New York City chapter of EO.
Practice areasBusiness/corporate, Business litigation, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Entertainment & sports, Mergers & acquisitions
Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations, Non-compete agreements, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer, Entertainment, sports & leisure law
- 20% Business/corporate
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Entertainment & sports
- 20% Mergers & acquisitions
First Admitted: 1993, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.romanolaw.com/domenic-romano/
- Member, Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
- Co-founder, Media, Entertainment & Sports Professionals Group in Manhattan
- Membership Committee of EO, in NYC
- Founding Member and Organizer, Business Lawyers Group, New York City
- Member, Brooklyn Bar Association
- Founding Member and Organizer, Entertainment Lawyers Group, New York City
- Membership Chair, EO Accelerator
- Ontario Bar – Canada, 1996
- Joint Committee on Legal Referral Service, New York City Bar Association
- Member, Business Law and the Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Sections of the New York State Bar Association
- Member, Entrepreneurs Organization (EO)
- New York State Bar, 1993
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Producers Guild of America (PGA)
- New York Public Library’s Science
- Industry and Business Library (SIBL)
- Institute of Culinary Education (ICE)
- Columbia University, LL.M., International Business, 1992
- Oxford University in England, B.A., Jurisprudence, 1991
- McGill University, M.A.; B.A., History & Political Science, 1988
- Dalhousie University, LL.B., 1994
- Consumer Products
- Cosmetics and Marketing.
- Film and Television Production
- Professional Services
Office location for Domenic Romano
55 Broad Street, 18th Fl.
New York, NY 10004
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
Top listsTop 100: New York — Metro Super Lawyers: 2022
Find me online
- Domenic Romano, speaks with @thelauracoates and @sharonwaxman on @cnntonight about the history of safety in film pr… https://t.co/CtD6cFAujd
- In breaking news, Alec Baldwin was charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hut… https://t.co/UWBf1kgWbr
- Defamation claims are based on the facts & circumstances surrounding a published false statement of fact. However,… https://t.co/zgZUl7gGNd