Donald P. Blydenburgh
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in New York, NY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2019
Donald P. Blydenburgh is associate trial attorney with Levy Konigsberg LLP. From the firm's principal office in New York City, he represents clients in state and federal courts throughout the country who have been harmed by exposure to asbestos and who have been diagnosed asbestos-related cancers, including mesothelioma.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Blydenburgh attended Columbia University and was a member of the Student Senate before receiving a Bachelor of Arts in economics and political science in 2001. He then attended Brooklyn Law School on a Dean Carswell Merit Scholarship and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2005. After entering private practice, Mr. Blydenburgh clerked for the Chief Magistrate of the Eastern District of New York and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. Admitted to practice in New York, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Since joining Levy Konigsberg LLP, Mr. Blydenburgh has served as lead trial counsel in a number of proceedings that have resulted in favorable settlements and jury awards for his clients. By way of one example in 2015, he obtained a $10.55 million verdict on behalf of the survivors of a 52-year-old engineer who died from mesothelioma. The decedent had been exposed to asbestos-containing talc in high school while working at a ceramic store, and the jury found that the talc mining company bore 100 percent of the responsibility.
Mr. Blydenburgh has enjoyed success as an appellate counsel on behalf of his clients, yielding significant appellate court decisions around the country. Mr. Blydenburgh has lectured on trial techniques before students at his law school alma mater as well as Seton Hall University School of Law, and gues lectured to students at John Jay College.
About Donald P. Blydenburgh
First Admitted: 2006, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.simmonsfirm.com/about-us/our-attorneys/profiles/...
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Active Member
- New York
- New York City Bar Association, Active Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Lecturer on trial techniques, Brooklyn Law and Seton Hall Law
- Author, Analyzing Inconsistent Verdicts in Products Liability Cases, 73 Def. Couns. J. 46, 2006 - Present
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteered with Sanctuary for Families and the Domestic Violence Division of the Kings County District Attorney's Office
- Columbia University, Economics and Political Science, Honors: Schwartz Merit Scholar and University Senate, 2001
- Top 40 Under 40 - Civil Plaintiff, The National Trial Lawyers, 2017
- Speaker of the Student Bar Association, Brooklyn Law School
- Carswell Merit Scholar, Brooklyn Law School
- Chapter President of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Brooklyn Law School
- Member of the Moot Court Honor Society's trial division, Brooklyn Law School
Last Updated: 5/15/2022