Top rated Entertainment & Sports attorney in New York, New YorkRodriques Law, PLLC
Attorney Donovan Rodriques is the founder and managing attorney of Rodriques Law, PLLC, in New York, New York. A top-rated transactional attorney with more than eight years of legal experience, Mr. Rodriques provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout New York City and the surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Entertainment and sports law
· Business law
Through his practice, Mr. Rodriques represents a diverse range of clients in the film and television industries, including producers, actors and entertainers, and other professionals. He also provides invaluable counsel to entrepreneurs with their media, sports and entertainment startups as well as established entertainment companies and business owners in other industries.
An entrepreneur and filmmaker himself, Mr. Rodriques has a unique insight into the industry, and he is able to better connect with his clients and help them achieve their goals and the favorable outcomes they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers, and he has received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
Mr. Rodriques graduated from the University of the West Indies with a Bachelor of Science in biochemistry in 1995, and he received his Bachelor of Laws from the university in 1999. He also earned his Master of Laws in international trade law from the University of Edinburgh School of Law in 2000 along with a continuing legal education degree from Norman Manley Law School in 2002.
Mr. Rodriques is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, and he is an active member of the New York State Bar Association and its Business Law and Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law sections as well as the Entertainment Lawyers Group.
Practice areasEntertainment & Sports, Business/Corporate
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Contracts, Entertainment, Sports & Leisure Law, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations
- 70% Entertainment & Sports
- 30% Business/Corporate
First Admitted: 2012, New York
Professional Webpage: https://rodriqueslaw.com/attorney/donovan-rodriques/
- University of Edinburgh School of Law, LL.M. (International Trade Law, 2000)
- Norman Manley Law School, C.L.E. (2002)
- University of the West Indies, B.Sc. (Biochemistry, 1995)
- University of the West Indies, LL.B. (1999)
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar, 2012
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Arts and Sports Law Section of the New York State Bar Association
- Member, Business Law Section of the New York State Bar Association
- Presenter, Licensing Underlying Rights - Option and Adaptation Deal-Making in Different Media, at the New York State Bar Association Annual Meeting 2019
- Board Member, Englewood Public School District, City of Englewood, NJ, 2019
Office location for Donovan Rodriques
New York, NY 10036
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022