Dov B. Brandstatter
Top rated Real Estate attorney in New York, New YorkOlshan Frome Wolosky LLP
Practice Areas: Real Estate
Licensed in New York since: 2004
Education: University of Pennsylvania Law School
From office and retail leases to residential and mixed-used facilities, and commercial property acquisitions, financing and development, Dov Brandstatter’s experience includes negotiating and structuring deals for landlords and tenants, property owners and sellers.
Dov advises on all aspects of commercial property acquisitions and leasing arrangements. From big-box retail to corporate headquarters leases, his experience also spans ground leasing, garage leases, and leasing and sales of corporate-owned and leased properties. In addition, Dov represents both owners and nonprofit organizations in connection with the creation of leasehold condominiums.
Having represented clients on both sides of real estate deals, Dov offers perspective and a clear understanding of what matters most to the parties. Clients appreciate Dov’s extensive knowledge and his ability to guide them through the intricacies of complicated real estate deals, navigate challenges, avoid contention, and devise practical solutions.
Over the course of his career, Dov has built long-lasting effective working relationships with brokers, attorneys at other firms, and other professionals, which often proves especially advantageous in resolving conflicts and getting deals done.
First Admitted: 2004, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.olshanlaw.com/attorneys-Dov-Brandstatter.html
- Represented the owners of properties located on West 44th Street and East 24th Street in Manhattan in connection with 99-year ground leases with Sam Chang’s McSam Hotel Group.
- Represented American Properties in connection with an 85-year ground lease for the Bush Tower, the historic building located at 130 West 42nd Street, the defeasance of a $42 million loan with Deutsche Bank and the refinancing of its mortgage on its fee position with Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America with a new $62 million loan.
- Represented the owner of the property located at 25 Broadway in Manhattan in connection with a 129,000 square foot office lease to WeWork.
- Represented the borrower in a $185 million refinancing on a high end retail property in Waikiki, Honolulu.
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2014