Top rated workers' compensation attorney in New York, New YorkPasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano LLP
Advocating for the injured across the state of New York, Edgar Romano is a managing senior partner at Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP. His caseload includes issues surrounding workers’ compensation, social security disability, medical malpractice and personal injury. Mr. Romano represents people in Suffolk and Nassau counties as well as those in New York City, Long Island, Westchester, Newburgh, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island.
Highly respected by clients and peers, Mr. Romano has been listed in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100; he is a fellow of The College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers; LexisNexis named him in its list of Workers’ Compensation Notable People for 2008; and he holds an Avvo “Superb” rating.
Licensed to practice in New York since 1995, Mr. Romano helps injured workers obtain benefits and holds negligent parties responsible for the damages they cause. Though his ultimate goal is to recover compensation, he also wants clients to feel informed and confident throughout the legal process. He explains the circumstances in plain language and offers honest advice on how people should proceed with their cases.
In 1991, Mr. Romano graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts from Brandeis University. He then received a Juris Doctor in 1995 from The John Marshall Law School.
Mr. Romano is a member of the Society of New York Workers’ Compensation Bar Association Inc., the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the Jewish Lawyers Guild, the New York Committee for Occupational Safety & Health, the American Association for Justice, the New York State Bar Association and the Workers’ Injury & Law Advocacy Group.
Practice areasWorkers' compensation: claimant, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Social security disability
Motor vehicle accidents, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 70% Workers' compensation: claimant
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Social security disability
First Admitted: 1995, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.workerslaw.com/attorneys/edgar-n-romano-senior-pa...
- Brandeis University, cum laude
- Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group, Past President
- New York Committee for Occupational Safety & Health (NYCOSH), Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Workers Compensation Bar Association, Immediate Past-President, Board of Directors.
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Leader’s Forum, Member
- Jewish Lawyer’s Guild, Member
- American Association for Justice, Workers Compensation Section, Past Chair
- World Trade Center Medical Monitoring Program, Mt. Sinai Hospital, Advisory Board, Member
- I.J. Selikoff Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Advisory Board
- AVVO Rating 10.0, Superb, Top Attorney Workers Compensation
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New York, 2011-2020
- Worker's Compensation Most Notable Person, LexisNexis Workers Compensation Law Center, 2009
- A/V Preeminent Rating from Lexis/Nexus
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Worker's Compensation Most Notable Person, LexisNexis Workers Compensation Law Center, 2008
- Inducted as Fellow of the College of Workers’ Compensation, 2015
- Received letters of commendation from U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden, N.Y.S. Governor David Patterson, and Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy in 10/2009 , 2009
- Fellow of The College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, 2015
- A/V Preeminent Rating - Martindale Hubbell
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer in New York - The National Trial Lawyers. 2011-2016, 2016
- Lectured on National Trends in Workers' Compensation, NJAJ, 2012
Office location for Edgar Romano
551 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10176
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022