Edward H. Gersowitz
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New York, NY
Attorney Edward H. Gersowitz is co-founder and partner with Gersowitz, Libo and Korek, P.C., which has offices in New York and East Hampton, New York, as well as Englewood, New Jersey. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 39 years of legal experience, Mr. Gersowitz focuses his practice primarily on personal injury litigation, with a particular focus on claims arising from pharmaceutical errors, motor vehicle accidents, premises and municipal liability, and toxic torts.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Gersowitz has recovered tens of millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients, including some of the largest settlements and verdicts ever awarded in the state. From his success, he is AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell and has earned consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America© each year since 2012. Moreover, he has received many other consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers along with Superb client ratings on Avvo.
A 1977 graduate of Cornell University, Mr. Gersowitz attended Yeshiva University's Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1980. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
A leader in his field, Mr. Gersowitz is the past president of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, and he served as secretary of the organization between 2011 and 2012. He is also a member of the American Association of Justice and its Eagle Political Action Committee, and he once served on the New York County Judicial Screening Committee. He is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and former member of the organization's Tort Litigation Committee.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Slip and Fall, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
About Edward H. Gersowitz
First Admitted: 1981, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.lawyertime.com/edward-h-gersowitz/
- This video describes what a client should look for in their personal injury attorney after they've been injured in a motor vehicle accident, Auto Accident Attorney, Personal Injury Lawyer, Car Accident Lawyer
- Member ABCNY Tort Litigation Committee, 2006-2009
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York (ABCNY)
- Tort Litigation Committee, New York City Bar Association, 2006 - 2009
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA): Board of Directors (Current), Second Vice President (2012-2013), Secretary (2011-2012)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- New York County Judicial Screening Committee, 2013, 2009, 2003
- American Association of Justice (AAJ): Governor (Current), Eagle Political Action Committee (Current), Leaders Forum (Current)
- Admitted: State of New York (1981), State of New Jersey (1981), U.S. District Courts Eastern District of New York (1981), U.S. District Courts Southern District of New York (1981)
- Best Lawyers in America, 2012 – Present (Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs)
- AV Rated (Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence) by Martindale-Hubbell, 2011 to Present
- Super Lawyers (2010 - Present)
- AVVO 10.0 / 10.0 Superb
Pro bono/Community Service
- The Gardiner Foundation
- Cornell University, B.S.
- American Association For Justice
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022