Ellen R. Werther
Top rated Civil Litigation attorney in New York, New YorkRessler & Ressler
Ellen R. Werther is an experienced attorney serving civil litigation clients at Ressler & Ressler. She represents clients in New York in matters related to catastrophic personal injury and complex commercial litigation. In fact, she has spent the past 35 years litigating civil cases in state and federal courts across America.
In 1976, Ms. Werther completed her Bachelor of Arts degree at Cornell University and was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa honor society. Three years later, she graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School with her Juris Doctor degree. She has been licensed to practice in the state of New York since 1980. She is also admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the United States District Court for the Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Ms. Werther developed a reputation for herself almost right out of law school. She has handled a wide range of high-value cases that involve class actions, consumer fraud, veil piercing and lender liability. During this time, she has preserved the rights of countless Americans while also winning millions of dollars for the clients she represents.
As an experienced attorney with decades of professional knowledge to share, Ms. Werther maintains membership in several law organizations. These include the New York City Bar Association and the Women's Bar Association of New York. Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with family and friends in The Empire State.
Practice areasCivil Litigation: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents
- 90% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1980, New York
Professional Webpage: https://resslerlaw.com/attorneys/ellen-r-werther/
- Bar of the State of New York, Member
- Women’s Bar Association of New York, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern Districts of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern Districts of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of New York
- Cornell University, London School of Economics, B.A. Phi Beta Kappa, in 1976
Office location for Ellen R. Werther
48 Wall St
New York, NY 10005
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2020