Erica C. Colon
Top rated personal injury attorney in New York, New YorkThe Perecman Firm, PLLC
An attorney at The Perecman Firm, PLLC, Erica C. Colon represents clients in New York City, New York, and the surrounding areas. As a personal injury attorney, she has experience helping those who have been injured in vehicle accidents, premises accidents, workers’ compensation and construction accidents. During her career, she has represented individuals facing life-threatening diseases and illness against multinational corporations. A skilled litigator, she is extremely knowledgeable in matters of asbestos and toxic products in the workplace.
At Ithaca College, Ms. Colon earned her Bachelor of Science in Finance, then moved on to earn her Juris Doctor at Syracuse University College of Law. While in law school, she received CALI Awards in Trial Advocacy, Legal Writing and education. She was also an active member of the Pro Bono Society and worked at the Syracuse University Children’s and Family Rights Legal Clinic as a student attorney.
Ms. Colon is admitted to practice in the state of New York and before the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. A member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and has been recognized for the high level of excellence she exhibits while practicing law.
Over the last few years, Ms. Colon has successfully recovered millions of dollars for her clients as compensation for their economic losses, suffering and pain. This includes a $5 million settlement for a New York City sanitation worker against the City of New York.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
First Admitted: 2014, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.perecman.com/our-attorneys/erica-colon/
- Ithaca College University, Bachelor of Science in Finance, 2009
- , Syracuse University College of Law, Children’s and Family Rights Legal Clinic, Student Attorney
- , Syracuse University College of Law, CALI Awards for Excellence in Education
- New York Metro Rising Stars is an honor reserved for those lawyers under the age of 40, who have practiced for 10 years or less, who have been selected for exhibiting excellence in the practice of law. Only 2.5% of attorneys in the New York Metro area receive this distinction, Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016-2020
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York, 2014 - Present, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York and U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2014 - Present
Office location for Erica C. Colon
250 W. 57th Street
New York, NY 10107
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2022