Evan D. Schein
Top rated Family Law attorney in New York, New YorkBerkman Bottger Newman & Schein, LLP
Attorney Evan D. Schein is a partner with Berkman Bottger Newman & Schein LLP law firm, which has law offices in White Plains and New York, New York, as well as Hackensack, New Jersey. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than 14 years of total legal experience, Mr. Schein leads the firm's litigation practice, and he provides invaluable counsel and support to clients across his region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Divorce litigation
· Equitable distribution, property distribution and settlements
· Marital agreements
· Pre- and postnuptial agreements
· Separation agreements
· Child custody and support
· Relocation issues
· Alimony and spousal support
· Post-divorce modifications
As an attorney, Mr. Schein has gained a reputation for his unique ability to develop creative strategies and solutions for his clients in order to help them achieve their goals and the positive results they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. He always provides highly personalized counsel to all he serves, and he maintains an unwavering focus on protecting their rights and interests at all turns.
A former sports agent, Mr. Schein has invaluable insight into athlete contracts, endorsement deals and other matters, and he has represented many professional athletes and others with considerable assets during the divorce process. Regardless of his clients' means or status in society, Mr. Schein is fully committed to those he serves, and he has received "Superb" client ratings on Avvo along with numerous testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
In addition, Mr. Schein has earned a Lead Counsel designation as well as many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers, including a Top 10 Under 40 ranking from the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys and a 10 Best Under 40 from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. He has also received the Silver Client Champion Award from Martindale-Hubbell as well as a 40 Under 40 designation from the Business Council of Westchester.
A 2003 graduate of Syracuse University, Mr. Schein obtained his Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of Law in 2006. He is an active member of several local, state and national legal organizations, and he has published numerous articles, blogs and podcasts on a variety of family law topics.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2008, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.berkbot.com/attorney-profiles/evan-d-schein/
- Mr. Schein has been selected as a Rising Star , Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013-2018
- Evan D. Schein | Manhattan Divorce Attorney in New York Mr. Schein is a member of the New York State Bar Association (Family Law Section); New York County Bar Association (Family Law Section); New York State Women’s Bar Association; American Bar Association (Family Law Section) and the National Institute Trial Association. Mr. Schein has completed the National Institute for Trial Advocacy and American Bar Association’s Family Law Trial Advocacy Program. Mr. Schein is also a certified family law mediator. Evan D. Schein | Manhattan Divorce Attorney in New York New York State Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section) American Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section) New York State Women’s Bar Association New York County Lawyer’s Association New York City Bar Association Association of Family and Conciliation Court (Member, New York Chapter) New York Association of Collaborative Professionals International Academy of Collaborative Professionals Rockland County Bar Association (Past Co-Chair, New Lawyers Committee) Nassau County Bar Association American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators (Founding Member)
- Divorce, custody, child support, paternity, complex matrimonial financial-related matters, prenuptial agreements for high-net worth individuals, orders of protection, family court matters.
- Certified in Collaborative Law Certified in Mediation (trained in Family Law Mediation)
- Syracuse S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, B.S., 2003 Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 2006
- On April 22, 2017, Mr. Schein presented “A Mental Health Professional’s Guide to Understanding the Law in Child Custody Proceedings,” to mental health professionals at the New York Center for Living., Presenter and Lecturer, A Mental Health Professional’s Guide to Understanding the Law in Child Custody Proceedings, New York Center for Living , 2017
- In April 2018, Mr. Schein co-authored an article, “Remember to Act Like a Good Parent: The Ethical Limits to Preparing a Client for Forensic Examination” – Family News & Views. , Co-Author, 2018
- On November 9, 2018, Mr. Schein presented “The Effective Use of Collaterals in Child Custody Evaluations,” to the American Association of Family and Conciliation Courts Annual Symposium in Denver, Colorado. , Presenter and Lecturer, The Effective Use of Collaterals in Child Custody Evaluations, Association for Family and Conciliation Courts , Family Law And Mental Health Professionals, 2018
- On April 23, 2018, Mr. Schein presented “Controversies Surrounding Preparation of Clients for Child Custody Evaluations,” presented to the New York County Bar Association., Presenter and Lecturer, Controversies Surrounding Preparation of Clients for Child Custody Evaluations,” presented to the New York County Bar Association, New York County Lawyer's Association, Matrimonial Law, 2018
Office location for Evan D. Schein
521 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10175
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2020