Top rated Business & Corporate attorney in New York, New YorkThe Carbajal Law Firm, P.C.
Practice Areas: Business & Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities & Corporate Finance
Licensed in New York since: 1991
Education: Harvard Law School
The Carbajal Law Firm, based in New York City, concentrates on Business and Corporate Law. Serving clients throughout New York and around the globe, Everett uses his extensive knowledge and experience to provide professional and effective legal representation to business clients with legal needs related to any of the following:
· Business and Corporate Legal Advice
· Contracts and Agreements
· Mergers and Acquisitions
· Commercial Transactions
Everett Carbajal obtained his law degree from Harvard Law School after receiving his Philosophy degree from The University of Arizona (Phi Beta Kappa). He was admitted to practice in the State of New York in 1991.
Mr. Carbajal has held a number of roles throughout his career that inform his experience as a corporate attorney, including having worked for years as a corporate attorney in the New York office of one of the largest law firms in the world -- Baker & McKenzie. He has also worked at an investment hedge fund, and he formed his own boutique corporate law firm in Midtown Manhattan.
Fully committed to his profession and his clients, Mr. Carbajal is active in a number of professional legal organizations, including the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and the New York State Bar Association, serving on the latter organization's Technology and Venture Law Committee.
First Admitted: 1991, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.carbajalesq.com/everett-carbajal/
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, Business Organizations Law Committee, New York State Bar Association, 2017
- New York State Bar Association
- State of New York
- Member, Corporations Law Committee of the New York State Bar Association, 2019
- Member -- New York State Bar Association Technology and Venture Law Committee, 2017
- Member of LLC Law Revision Sub-Committee of the New York State Bar Association (Business Law Section), 2017
- University of Arizona; B.A., Philosophy, Phi Beta Kappa, 1986
- Harvard Law School, Juris Doctorate, 1990
- Distinguished Alumni Award, University of Arizona, 2002
- Outline of new legislation passed in New York City affecting businesses that hire independent contractors. , Co-Author, 2017 Freelance Isn't Free Act - New York City, Business Law, 2017
- Outline of the various stages involved in an M&A transaction -- from transaction structure to Due Diligence and Closing., Author, The Stages in Buying and Selling a Company (3 part series), Latin Business Today, 2018
- Discuss Practical Aspects of preparing companies for Due Diligence in the Intellectual Property Context., CLE Presenter, Due Diligence and Intellectual Property, New York State Bar Association 2019 Annual Meeting of Technology and Venture Law Committee, 2019
- Presented Continuing Legal Education (CLE) in conjunction with the New York State Bar Association's Technology and Venture Law Committee Meeting held on October 12, 2017 on the topic of Equity Financing (namely, SAFEs versus Convertible Notes). Written materials prepared. , CLE Presenter, www.nysba.org/Sections/Business/Events/2017/BLS_Fall_2017_Committee_Meetings.html, New York State Bar Association, Legal -- Continuing Legal Education, 2017
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023